Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Pistol mag... but what pistol is it from?

Article about: Hello found this on a UK military camp used in WW1 (only by British troops). At first I thought it was a harmonica but after i cleaned away some of the crud I realized it was a pistol mag!!

Default Pistol mag... but what pistol is it from?

Hello found this on a UK military camp used in WW1 (only by British troops). At first I thought it was a harmonica but after i cleaned away some of the crud I realized it was a pistol mag!! Initially I thought it looks like a colt .45 mag but its way too small for that maybe even sub 9mm? See pics for scale sorry I dont have a .45 mag to compare but they are defiantly alot bigger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IMG_2855[1].jpg   IMG_2849[1].jpg  

IMG_2846[1].jpg   IMG_2851[1].jpg  

?

Hi Badger! Not really my area but I would hazard a guess at it being a magazine for a 32 or 380 ACP caliber Browning 1910. As pictured below. Cheers, Sean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mv70j2oukw1s57vgxo1_1280.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	263.0 KB 
ID:	721008

I'd agree-not a British service weapon but they were widely used in Europe including the Germans after the occupation of most of Belgium-could have been a souvenir.

Could be anything. Very hard to tell from the state it is in. Could even be a Spanish 7.65mm Ruby clip.

Thanks that was helpful. I might clean it some more to see how many holes are in the mag to get better idea what it came from but I might leave it as I now know its not from an issued pistol but more likely a souvenir or private purchase and thats good/interesting enough for me.

It could also be a Webley Scott Auto mag.

The mag is both too small and too 'slanted' for a .455 Auto Webley mag.

I was thinking more like the pre war .32 autos. That would match the size of the 1910 mag.