Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pistol mag... but what pistol is it from?

Article about: Hello found this on a UK military camp used in WW1 (only by British troops). At first I thought it was a harmonica but after i cleaned away some of the crud I realized it was a pistol mag!!

Default Pistol mag... but what pistol is it from?

Hello found this on a UK military camp used in WW1 (only by British troops). At first I thought it was a harmonica but after i cleaned away some of the crud I realized it was a pistol mag!! Initially I thought it looks like a colt .45 mag but its way too small for that maybe even sub 9mm? See pics for scale sorry I dont have a .45 mag to compare but they are defiantly alot bigger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pistol mag... but what pistol is it from?   Pistol mag... but what pistol is it from?  

Pistol mag... but what pistol is it from?   Pistol mag... but what pistol is it from?  

?

Hi Badger! Not really my area but I would hazard a guess at it being a magazine for a 32 or 380 ACP caliber Browning 1910. As pictured below. Cheers, Sean.

Pistol mag... but what pistol is it from?

I'd agree-not a British service weapon but they were widely used in Europe including the Germans after the occupation of most of Belgium-could have been a souvenir.

Could be anything. Very hard to tell from the state it is in. Could even be a Spanish 7.65mm Ruby clip.

Thanks that was helpful. I might clean it some more to see how many holes are in the mag to get better idea what it came from but I might leave it as I now know its not from an issued pistol but more likely a souvenir or private purchase and thats good/interesting enough for me.

It could also be a Webley Scott Auto mag.

The mag is both too small and too 'slanted' for a .455 Auto Webley mag.

I was thinking more like the pre war .32 autos. That would match the size of the 1910 mag.