Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

plane crash site

Article about: hi all could really do with some help on this one this is the second forum i have tried!. This all started many years ago whilst out with my metal detector on coast near were i live. I disco

Default plane crash site

hi all could really do with some help on this one this is the second forum i have tried!. This all started many years ago whilst out with my metal detector on coast near were i live. I discovered a plane crash site that as far as i know of there is no records of (i do mean this as i have searched online for years) and i am a local boy so i know the area. I have recovered many small items from the area including both rudder peddles and a very crushed air ministry Altimeter! the problem is i have no clue on what aircraft crashed if it was a R.A.F plane or civilian to this date i have found no ammo or anything that looked like a bomb!. Every item shows crash damage i am hoping that the rudder peddles might be recognized by some one the only items i have found with any markings on them were the altimeter (this is quite corroded) a small oil fitting and what looks like part of a bearing. i really want to find out what plane it was and who flew it can anyone help?????plane crash siteplane crash siteplane crash siteplane crash siteplane crash siteplane crash siteplane crash siteplane crash siteplane crash siteplane crash siteplane crash siteplane crash siteplane crash siteplane crash siteplane crash site

Have you tried contacting some of the larger airplane museums? Some of the guys that work on restorations might know exactly what it is. Whatever it was, it looks like it was a terrible crash. Good luck finding out some information!

i have tried to contact people but no one seems interested

Well, keep digging. Perseverance pays off some times. Sorry I cannot help you more.

There is nothing there that is useful for a positive ID. Are there any numbers on the castings? there might be a part number there,but more likely just a casting number.

Lightbulb

From your username, I'm guessing this is from the Dengie Marsh area ? If so, you may have a very tough job to identify this particular aircraft. It's reckoned that over 20 aircraft crashed in the area during the Battle of Britain/Blitz period alone, with many others ( right up to the 1960s ) coming to grief there. It was used as a gunnery range also, so the area has been 'cleared' of significant wreckage by the Authorities and also was at one time a much-investigated/dug area by many local enthusiast groups who in those heady 1970s/80s days often took away the more recognizable parts, leaving behind relics which offered no identification clues.......

?

Hello Bob, certainly plane bits, but not sure those are rudder pedals. Were they attached to the metal bar? From the thickness of that piece of perspex, I would guess late or post war. You need to find more!

The "rudder pedal" parts don't look like any aircraft parts I recognise. Without any identifying markings it is very difficult to make an ID of your finds. You have got a challenge on your hands, good luck.

Just wondering, instead of being a crash site, could it also be a dumping ground?

Yes the first peddle i picked up was attached to the bar in the picture i found it in the area some ten years back it was only two months ago when is the same area i found the second but no bar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast