Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Article about: by cornishboy These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are the first object shown in todays pics o

?

Adjustable seat mounting base.

Quote by NickW View Post
    Adjustable seat mounting base.
    how do you know for certain? does seem very likely though, heres the other part I found roughly same area, strange how this part is much heavier than the other geodetic parts I have in comparison,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

on second thought I dont think the bodywork piece is wellington, Ive cleaned a little and found 2 serials "BZ9 Y8?6?B?0?53" and below it "25529 1077" how can I clean off this black sea salt? I see a circular stamp but the black "paint" is blocking what it says.

edit: im starting to think the specific piece is from a Warwick...
    Last edited by brataccas; 01-25-2016 at 10:53 PM.

Angry

found this heavy long piece today, I dunno if its aircraft related or not? was found at the same stretch of beach but further away near the dallachy ww2 airfield, reminds me of the tail gunners gun but I doubt its that, just getting my hopes up too much, kinda thought it was an undercarriage leg but then again probably not ill brace myself for someone posting "agricultural equipment
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

?

Motorcycle front forks

damn of course they are, I must be blind thanks how awkward

found a tiny panel today at dallachy coast beach/spey bay, has lots of serials so I assume its off an aircraft? cant find my wd40 so I cant spray it see the serials clearer, I can make out "1134 V03" "CH - 09 - 2274 - |" "B J/300" and bottom half has "1500" and "1.35" shoe for comparison size, also found a weird tube with electrical wiring and holes for something, I keep finding these things washed up on the beach very near old airfields, flare launcher(?)

Id guess the tube thing is a Sonar Buoy dropped from an aircraft.
    Cheers Gary

found this on the beach today exact same place where I find wellington parts, thought it was just a dull bit of metal before noticing the stamp serial on it, theres a circular stamp too but half of it is missing has "SFB 709" on it, probably had more but too damaged to see the rest, similar stamp to the pegasus engine part I found which also has SFB on it.

Also found this today, 1 of them, the other I found months ago washed up in the exact same spot, again same place where I find the wellington parts, creepy, both parts are the same part, exact same size and shape etc, anyone know what these are? one has turned turquoise blue type colour where as the better conditioned one is only a little bit turquoise, why has it turned this colour?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast