Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Article about: by cornishboy These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are the first object shown in todays pics o

dug this up buried in the grounds at RAF Milltown, looks postwar(?) anyone recognise it? looks like it once was painted bright...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Not sure what it is but looks like a piece of farm machinery.

It's part of the tipping cradle for a small concrete mixer. The axle fits in the cutouts and the the tube fits into the base legs.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's part of the tipping cradle for a small concrete mixer. The axle fits in the cutouts and the the tube fits into the base legs.
    Ned. Is there ANYTHING you can't identify??? Guess not based on the avatar!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by big ned View Post
    Do you have any CONCRETE evidence?

Obtained a pair of What I think are World war 2 era tailwheels but unsure what aircraft it they came from, anyone know if the tyres are from 2 seperate aircraft or a double tyre tailwheel? I took some size comparison photos of the washed up one that's fallen off a boat as it has a drilled hole on it and originally apparently off a firebrand I obtained.

to show how tiny these ones are, ive posted pics of the bigger tailwheel and 1 smaller one, I find it odd the tyres appear to be the same but the serial number is differant on each, anyone could enlighten me?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

I could do with one of them for when I'm off roading with my horsesh!t barrow.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It makes sense to have different serial numbers, you wouldn't to have more than one serial or the idea is redundant.

They are certainly aircraft tyres but from what I have no idea. The size may give a clue.

found this stuff today in a forest, yellow painted thing shackleton? love to know what the red painted thing is off

It appears to be a Northrup Grumen target drone.

Same angle here

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/northrop,...ck/Interesting

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast