Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Article about: by cornishboy These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are the first object shown in todays pics o

looks very similar to the blue and white crumpled aircraft part I have, rivets look the same and on the inside of this piece has a circle stamp with N in it same as the other, lettering says "GUN INSTALLATION" I believe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

previous item above apparently is from a hawker hunter jet, this piece found roughly same area:

"54456 . L217 . 7
    *scratched out serial*
    F1?8487-5
    65. 129. "
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

LOL, I was going to say Hunter and then I thought not.

That piece looks like engine, looks titanium and due to the cost of titanium ( or at least the cost of manufacturing components from) in my opinion confirms it as AC

latest obtained
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Is this one you've bought or found? Just be careful with it as it's a 117 and they are for the retarded 1000lb bomb and will cause serious, serious damage to you if you trigger it. There are 4 powerful springs which when activated by the lanyard spring out without warning to slow the bomb down allowing the low level aircraft to escape the blast and frag zone.

bought this one off the local scrap dealers who were going to dismantle and melt this tail down, ye they warned about the mechanisms and the parachute still armed inside it, not to be touched! ill be getting the original casing and fibreglass container for this bomb tail next week, what aircraft were these 117 bombs fitted to?

It could be used on any aircraft that can carry a 1000lb bomb so Harrier, Jag, Tornado etc. It can also be used on Typhoon but hasn't yet as PW2 and IV are the preferred munition at the
    Moment.

Yes be careful, if it triggers it could trash the back seat of your car......!!!

On second thoughts forget that....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I would say, rear seat, front seats and roof. It's strong enough to break limbs so seats are t going to stop much. And you ain't getting it out of the car after that lol.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast