Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Article about: by cornishboy These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are the first object shown in todays pics o

dugup the drone more to see it better
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

dugup this today, front undercarriage wheel flap??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

According to U.K. Serials XR447 was written off on the 16th June 61

?

I see you are exploring the old Quarrywood yard. I take it that you have permission from Williamson to remove items as the yard still belongs to them and is, i gather, a bit of a problem with the local Council.

Alan.

Quote by AL90 View Post
    I see you are exploring the old Quarrywood yard. I take it that you have permission from Williamson to remove items as the yard still belongs to them and is, i gather, a bit of a problem with the local Council.

Alan.
    no permission is needed for photographing these relics, I have left them where they are because quarrywood has contaminated areas with lead, asbestos, fuel, oil and nasty paint from aircraft dials.

?

Just didn't want you getting unwanted attention from the local plod, they can be a bit over zealous at times. Incidentally, I remeber the Shell Duck drone being there around 1975 along with piles of Sea Venoms, a couple of Gannets and pieces of smashed Hunter, Shackelton and sections of the Vulcan that crashed on the Hill os St. Colm. Think the Shackelton bits were from the Heldon Hill crash and were behind the hut at the main gate. The sea Balliols were off to the West end of the yard and to the East there was a smelter with piles of Prop blades being fed in.

havent uploaded any photos yet but this heavy grouping of metal washed up here back at the beach, I have a video here, I thought it was a big chunk of aircraft at first now im kinda thinking its not, anyone have a clue? edit: kinda reminds me of a motorbike(?) intriguing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5x1hpapEP0

Looks aircraft to me, had to see exactly what it is but could be main spar or undercarriage and I suspect it may be from that Wellington I found the fin from years ago. I think it's really starting to break up now.
    Last edited by m3bobby; 02-10-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Looks aircraft to me, had to see exactly what it is but could be main spar or undercarriage and I suspect it may be from that Wellington I found the gun from years ago. I think it's really starting to break up now.
    if you look at one of the parts you can see rust forming making me believe its not aircraft, as aircraft parts dont ever rust and turn brown?

Is this an air crew/ pilots flashlight? logo is exactly the same as RAF milltowns runway lights.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast