Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Article about: by cornishboy These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are the first object shown in todays pics o

Quote by brataccas View Post
    havent uploaded any photos yet but this heavy grouping of metal washed up here back at the beach, I have a video here, I thought it was a big chunk of aircraft at first now im kinda thinking its not, anyone have a clue? edit: kinda reminds me of a motorbike(?) intriguing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5x1hpapEP0
    Around 1.40 onward that large lump of concretion looks like it contains a bomb hoist IMO.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ha, Yes I found one of these too. GEC is the General Electric Company.

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Ha, Yes I found one of these too. GEC is the General Electric Company.
    I used to play cricket at their factory club ground in Stafford. I agree with you bobby that the bits appear geodesic, and likely Wellington or possibly Warwick, academic really, but I guess 'Wimpey' is best bet.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

pic of what you mentioned
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

It says type on it so it could be a Type? Bomb hoist.

I'll stick with my initial guess.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I used to play cricket at their factory club ground in Stafford.
    did their factory make stuff only for the military this general electric company, ie the torch I found is military issue from an aircrew or is there a chance it may be civilian?

is there any way to possibly remove the rocks stuck to the bomb hoist etc to reveal more of it or will this damage it further?

aircraft tyre? dunlop 16x4 51080, quite skinny...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

GEC made all sorts but that torch is Military. Seen lots of them and I would think they were personel issue, the current version is anyway.

found this piece also at the beach, wonder if anyone recognises it, has a "06" stamp or "90"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast