Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Article about: by cornishboy These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are the first object shown in todays pics o

Default Re: Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Quote by hangarman View Post
    ....get the magnifying glass out!
    I was assuming you had already done what hangarman has suggested.

Quote by brataccas View Post
    but then I will be scratching off the paint that remains on it, I wouldn't want to do that
    In some cases you have to to find the stamps and not worry about the paint. If you can't see them with a magnifying glass, scrubbing is the only option. I would never have known what this item was if I hadn't scrubbed it....

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...2012-a-237685/

I dont know why but this just says Jet aircrat to me, perhaps Lighning or earlier, Meteor. I've no idea why as modern Jets are my area.

wow well I got a scourer and a dishwasher sponge thing with the green tough bit, with a bit of water on it scrubbing the piece has shown me the whole thing is pure black not just parts of it! no serials whatsoever (yet?) and the scourers isint even taking off the paint (that is some tough paint)

With the paint still on the stamps will be very feint. You are going to have go over the entire inside surface very slowly with a magnifying glass. Good luck......markings under paint can be a bitch to spot !!

argh scrubbing the thing has made the whole thing turn white due to the sea powder stuff, dunno what it is, I take it if I keep scrubbing it will eventually come off?

The sea powder is probably the metal oxide of the piece. Dry it out and give it a 'dry' scrub with a nail brush or similar, that should remove it.

Any markings yet ?

found a circular stamp on the tiny circle piece (fuel cap thing?) knowing my luck this wont help as it will be a universal piece?

very very tiny and hard to see, I think it reads V (may be a scratch) AB with a small capital "L" beside the B not inline with it but hovering above the top half of the B for some reason so thats "V?AB L" and underneath it it has "0P329" hopefully it isint a universal piece.

ok went back to same place today, good the weather is frosty so all the relics had been stuck to the shoreline stopping them from washing back out to sea, the piece with the clear marking on the side has also another serial on the front bit: I think it reads SFB51(or7)

unusual chunky piece feels like a heavier metal than the airframe parts,

cylinder thing with thing in it not even sure if that is an aircraft part atall.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Again they look aircraft to me. Are you anywhere near Lossiemouth?

These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast