Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Article about: by cornishboy These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are the first object shown in todays pics o

Thumbs up Re: Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Keep collecting one day you\ll have a Wellington Bomber in your back yard

Default Re: Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    I've replied on the other forum you frequent but for the benefit of this forum, the tube thing with the rectangular hole is the bit that the elevator fits to and then fits inside the stabalizer on a Wellington.

Anyone know what a part number like this may be from? 6 (in a circle) YS6-75-?56 (then a space) 2A and then BGA 444 (In a circle). This is marked on a stainless tube in electro pencil.
    cool thanks for the info got any pics of that piece you got with numbers?

went searching again today and found another big long piece, and many other pieces but then I went the other direction I usually search and found more differant aircraft bits with traces of red paint, what aircraft had red paint in ww2? Ill be making some pics of the finds soon

ok got absaloutly heaps of pieces and theres something else gigantic that has been pushed almost to shore but its just out of reach, Ill try post the parts in groups, got this light metal piece with pretty much most of its grey paint, back has a plastic bit so Ill assume post war? my wild guess is that its from a shackleton(?) part number on the back reads: "121A 75170020 and next to those numbers a circle with LBB4 at the top half with a line through the circle and bottom of the circle reads 194. Aircraft related?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Wow, you have really found a good spot Keep it up and preserve what you can.

ok heres the rest:

anyone know if the frame is from an aircraft window or just junk?

would love to know what the new thing thats just out of reach in the water, metallic. need a diving suit I think

long pipe kinda piece is another wellington component I assume, would love any help on any of the pieces
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

?

Stainless steel bit looks like a trim from a car or van - Ford Transit headlamp springs to mind - sorry!

Most of the rest definitely aircraft and the long piece is definitely geodetic structure from a Wellington - looks like it is breaking up just off shore.

Quote by NickW View Post
    Stainless steel bit looks like a trim from a car or van - Ford Transit headlamp springs to mind - sorry!
    too big? its about just over 1 foot long I forgot to say .-)

The long tube definitely looks Wellington but the chrome trim looks looks a grill surround of a car or tractor.

Hangarman

Long tube is the bit that joins the top part of the geodetic fuselage to the bottom part. Distinctive as the normaly the small frames would cross the tube but at this point they stop at the tube alternatively.

It appears that the whole aircraft has broken up as between everyone there is a couple of large tail sections, some wing sections, engine parts and I've also found a throttle control lever from the throttle box in the cockpit.

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    I've also found a throttle control lever from the throttle box in the cockpit.
    wow nice, could I See some pictures of this please?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast