MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Article about: by cornishboy These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are the first object shown in todays pics o

Heres some pics of a very very big piece, possibly over a meter in length. probably the biggest piece I have "found" on the beach, full credit goes to the guy who on this forum or another forum who directed me of this relic so he takes full credit. I have treated it with WD40 and have found two stamps but I just cannot make them out, What would anyone suggest I put on the stamps to clean that specific area to clean it better? Ill post the pics of the stamps but as its at night, probably have trouble too.

Ill take some better photos in the daylight
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

got someone with an SLR camera to clean up and photograph that stamp, does anyone recognise it? lucky it was bent back so it would of been hidden if it wasnt damaged.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

back again today and found what I think is an AM Air Ministry marked tailwheel(?) lots of stamps, any aircraft tyre experts can ID?

have photo'd it with a normal sized car tyre to compare or get idea on size

Deffo an AM tyre, the alloy has corroded away allowing the tyre to become free.

The Harrier/SHAR used 13.5"x 6.00-4 tyres on the outrigger wheels. Though i'd imagine it may be too old for that if AM marked?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

according to another forum with somone who has the same tyre its from a blackburn firebrand

found these other parts at that beach, aircraft piece with a clearish stamp and white traces of paint, and a grouping of stuff which I think the pipes are sonobuoy beacons dropped from nimrod/shackleton? the square panel I dont think is from aircraft(b) but the other part appears to be but had light blue paint remains, is it aircraft?

back again and found some new things, hoping someone can confirm that the rectangular metal piece is aircraft related(?) big piece is prob from that wellington(?) fabric stuff reminds me of a parachute, anyone recognise?

Hi Brattacus,

The 'sonar buoy' could be a parachute flare, maybe a Mk.45. I'm wondering if the 'chute might actually be a drogue type from a fast jet that deploys on landind to slow it down. These are just guesses though, so better wait for other replies.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

well a nice find today at that beach, I wasn't going to search for any parts due to it being too cold I just wanted to make my way to a searchlight bunker to test my new air rifle when I tripped on something, looked to see what it was and it was a metallic thing kinda buried into the ground inland but same area where aircraft relics often get washed up, Ive only WD40 sprayed it a little and cleaned it up a little bit so far, its around 2.2 feet long and 1.4 feet wide, Is it a tail fin or tail rudder or something else? definitely aircraft related though,

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast