Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

polish tank recovery

Article about: Hello everyone, I have been made aware of a sunken German tank in a lake in the north east of Poland. I was wondering if anyone knows what sort of steps i need to take before i can recover i

?

Default Re: polish tank recovery

Quote by f35jsf View Post
    I will repeat one more time:
    there is no possibility of legal recover by the foreigner or even privat Polish person.
    There is also no possibility of legally exported recovered vehicals to foreign countries.
    Trust me, I know what I say.

Pozdrawiam.
    Paul.
    100% right.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Stug near Gzrigorziev
    Grzegorzew

ok ok i'm down but i'm not out.the funny thing is i don't even know for sure if the tank is there or not.
    it all started when i mentioned the tank under the bridge in glady to a polish fella i work with he then translated the link to a polish forum on this tank. it turns out someone stole the frontal armour for scrap but the police were called and it was returned. incidentally he heard from another pole from that area, that the crew remains are still in the tank.when i go to poland i'll visit this site and post some decent photo's.(it's in the same area as the sunken tank).
    it was during this conversation that he mentioned the sunken tank and so it all began maybe nothing will come of it but there's only one way to find out and that's what i'm going to do and besides i've always wanted to visit poland.
    by the way i spent 14 years in the british army repairing and recovering tanks so i've some knowledge on the logistics.
    all the best eddy

?

Hi.

You asked the questions - I only answered.

On 99.9 % this history is a fairy tale, so there won't be matters.

the tank under the bridge
    Which tank are you talking about?
    Can you give the link?

Pozdrawiam.
    Paul.

hi paul if you search key words: tank bridge .on this forum it will come up with the post from mad ideas,maybe you could enlighten us on the story a little more as marek's (my freind)english is crap and my polish is worse.
    thanks eddy

Hi Eddy,
    Just wanted to wish you luck!!!! It sound really exciting..

no matter what the polish say dnt tell them where its at or give them any idea ,,, until you get it all worked out and in writing and then reviewed by a attorney ... good luck wish i had the time i would love to come help you

thanks guys for the advice but don't worry i'm already working on plan b.if the frontal assault won't work i'll flank 'em.cheers eddy

?

Quote by eddy8men View Post
    hi paul if you search key words: tank bridge .on this forum it will come up with the post from mad ideas,maybe you could enlighten us on the story a little more as marek's (my freind)english is crap and my polish is worse.
    thanks eddy

Oh yeah, Jagdpanzer IV or more precisely gun with front armor and maybe piece of the roof...

thanks for researching the jagdpanzer paul. ok,so not much tank left,that's disappionting ,but still it would be nice to see it and even better to drag it out. maybe that's a good thing, if it's only scrap i might not have a problem with the officials if i want to take it ,might look nice on the wall at home.thanks again eddy

I'm enjoying this, go for it Pongo !
    Seriously though: Good luck, sounds like quite a challenge.
    Cheers,
    navyman.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast