Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A preliminary question

Article about: I have a neighbor who is 95 years old. He fought in North Africa and D-Day, landing on Omaha Beach. He survived the fighting and ending the war in Munich. He had a lot of war trophies that w

?

Default A preliminary question

I have a neighbor who is 95 years old. He fought in North Africa and D-Day, landing on Omaha Beach. He survived the fighting and ending the war in Munich. He had a lot of war trophies that were destroyed in a house fire during the early 1950's; a pity. He has one remaining piece of history remaining; a Nazi flag he took down from the Munich City Hall.

His son showed me the flag yesterday and I will try to get some pictures for you. It is huge; approximately 2 x 3 meters in size and the material appears to be cotton twill. It is blood red with the Nazi eagle in the upper left hand corner with a huge swastika in a while circle in the middle of the flag.

Any idea what this might be worth?

?

Default Re: A preliminary question

Oh, I forgot, no tears, rips, holes, or any other defects. Still has the mast rope attached.

Sounds like a really interesting piece, I have no idea of the value of it but in my opinion its one of those kind of items that should be part of a museum collection instead of hanging in someones house, I cant wait to see pictures

Thanks

Danny

It sounds like a Reichsdienstflagge.

Value would be around $500 - $600 I would estimate? Bigger flags are actually harder to sell due to the fact they are difficult to display well.

Was the Vet with 1st Inf Div? I am guessing he may have been due to where he fought.

Cheers, Ade.