RAF inspection stamp need ID'ing

Article about: Does anyone have a list of RAF inspection stamps? Iv recovered one on a peice of aero skin in another thread but cant ID it.Any help appreciated.Appologies if you have viewed this before. 2

Default RAF inspection stamp need ID'ing

Does anyone have a list of RAF inspection stamps? Iv recovered one on a peice of aero skin in another thread but cant ID it.Any help appreciated.Appologies if you have viewed this before.
    2 0 1 2 3 C

L/A 121 15
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 100_2759.jpg  

Default Re: RAF inspection stamp need ID'ing

Well i had a bit of a clean up today and remember picking this up from a airfield dump.The thing is never cleaned it and it very nearly got binned.However i gave it a bit of a scrub and found some serial no.s on it.The inspection stamp i think is TAN 220 the other number reads 2-J98343 now it could have had a digit before the 2? also im not absolutly sure thats a J either.any help chaps?
    TA215 to TA249 Mosquito possibly.
    Oh one other thing - does anyone know what the part is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture finds 006.jpg   finds 003.jpg  

finds 004.jpg   finds 005.jpg  

Where are all of the aircraft buffs?

?

I have to admit the myriad British aircraft part numbering systems are a dark art I have yet to fathom, let alone master, but from my notes the "98" in 2-J98xxxxx indicates a Mosquito part, the "J" prefix indicating it is associated with the tail unit assembly.

All the best,
    PB

Many thanks Paul,as ever,always helpfull.Does TAN220 match the mosquito?Thanks again Paul