Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Relic restoration

Article about: Haha, Geez you are lucky aint you. Talk about a pot of gold! and to get them for free! They would look great on display at the arms and armour swap meet in cannington on the 17th. I would sa

?

Default Re: Relic restoration

Hi donkihotis,getting there but i think my expectations about how long it would take were way off..they are cleaning up well though and hopefully be able to remove the bolt on first rifle next day or two..will keep the pictures coming!

Thanks Torch. It would be nice to see the result. I have a few things that i would like to remove the rust too. But i'm thinking to try the oxalic acid method. It seems more simple and takes less time to get it done.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Hi torch,
    Very lucky i say, i bet you,er happy man with those i know i would be, thanks for showing them and good luck with the restoration mate. Keep us posted, and qotd, you crack me up mate.
    regards dave.

?

Hey guys,just a few more pics,main areas have cleaned up relatively quick but as you can see from the bottom of the receiver pics the rust heave has swelled the receiver quite bad so everything is packed in rather tight and is taking awhile to get it all out but im in no hurry! If you want to see what this rifle looked like before it is the only one that has the bolt half unlocked....cheers

Relic restorationRelic restorationRelic restoration

Wow thats coming up a treat, hats off you're doing a great job
    LUCKYSTRIKE

It's getting better and better mate
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Holy crap! Mate those are the ducks nuts, well done!

?

I think one more day and ill have the bolt out...just not sure how im going to get the crap out of the barrel

?

Hmm maybe weld a drill bit onto a long piece of solid bar and drill it out...might work

Hi Torch

The electrolysis method was discussed at great length in the below thread. To save me writing it all out again I shall be lazy and just let you trawl through the post

Cleaning of relic in forrest camp

The only problem I see you having is getting a container big enough to hold the weapons. Oh....and you're a jammy sod btw and I'm terribly jealous

Steve T

***EDIT*** Oops ! Didn't see you'd already started. Looking DAMN good Torch....nice job If you could ad your experiences and method to the above post it would be good for the rest of us to learn

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast