Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rudder pedals ID needed

Article about: Hi guys, Recently acquired these somewhat burnt rudder pedals and was wondering if anyone would be able to make a positive ID on them . Cheers samo

Default Rudder pedals ID needed

Rudder pedals ID neededRudder pedals ID neededRudder pedals ID needed

Hi guys,
    Recently acquired these somewhat burnt rudder pedals and was wondering if anyone would be able to make a positive ID on them .
    Cheers
    samo

can you search on those parts for any serial numbers or stamps etc? that elevation bit is very similar to the apparent seat adjust lever mechanism washed up here which looks more like rudder bit too... with vickers stamps..

What I found is some part numbers and inspection stamps on the brackets , like; VA253 ans VA275 then 109 and letter N in a circle with the part numbers 2252R7 , 2252R8 and 9 . Hope the pictures come trough OK.
    Thanks for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rudder pedals ID needed   Rudder pedals ID needed  

Rudder pedals ID needed   Rudder pedals ID needed  

did you try this thread?

Aircraft Manufacturer's Codes

Ive a few parts with that N in a circle too, maybe something vickers you have also, or VA = Victory Aircraft?

Thanks for the link. It could be Victory Aircraft since the rudder pedals are from Canada but I have nothing to compare it to in order to confirm this. There was a lot of War Surplus planes sold after the war to the farmers etc. This one looks like it has been removed with an ax or something sharp ...

?

They look like Lancaster rudder pedals. Very nice! What's their story? Are you looking to sell them?

Thanks for the help confirming the identity. Found these on my friends porch while clearing the snow. Sorry no plans to sell. For now they are going into my "Lancaster Cockpit Project" collection.
    Cheers

?

They'll make a fine addition! Have you got much else?

?

Hello, are you in the North West Territories in Canada? If so, My Father was involved when they built CFS Alert, they used WW2 Lancasters to bring in the heavy stuff, many of them crashed or suffered damage while landing and were just pushed off the runway, the area is known as Millionares dump as it was too expensive to recover those items and bring them back.

THere are also a few other places along the old Dew Line and the Pine Tree Line that have these.

Victory Aircraft was in, what is now known as Toronto, and they built a lot of Lancaster Bombers, and the RCAF used them into the 60s

Dean O
    Canada