Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

scrapyard ww2 25lb gun?

Article about: Had a quick Google and found the photos of the scrap yard - They were taken in 2008 and there are Hercules engines shown, so my memory not totally gone! But not found the forum where the yar

Default scrapyard ww2 25lb gun?

found this picture while online and i thought it might interest you guys, i've been trying to work out what its from, its labled as a ww2 25 pounder but I’m curious as to what it is/may have been fitted to it certainly doesn’t appear to be a field artillery piece

Regards mad.ideas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture scrapyard ww2 25lb gun?  

?

Default Re: scrapyard ww2 25lb gun?

A naval piece?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

that was my first guess, but unfortunatly there arent any other photos of it to help out with confirming it!

Has no one saved it yet?

not that im aware of

regards mad.ideas

Certainly not a 25prd: I say Naval too, but I have zero knowledge on Navy gear.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I'm thinking a coastal gun, the angle of depression does'nt look that great

?

Seen this before on another forum, some time ago - but memory failing me! IIRC it was naval, it is no longer there and the scrapyard was in Scotland and had aircraft parts including Bristol Hercules engines - is that enough to jog anyone else's memory?

It looks like a Naval gun to me, but a lot of coastal guns, and some AA Guns, were repurposed naval weapons anyway. There were 25-Pr naval guns, but I'm pretty sure that isn't one of them. It's definitely not a field gun as everyone says.

Whatever it is, I'm sure a full description is stamped on the breech. Where did you see this?

Rob

?

Just had a thought, could it be one of those side elevation guns, used just below main decks on large superstructured ships

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast