MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

sizeable rusty metal piece washed up...

Article about: Anyone recognise what this could be? I dont know if its even military or aviation related, found it at the same beach I find aircraft parts but at a further out area where I only found this

Angry sizeable rusty metal piece washed up...

Anyone recognise what this could be? I dont know if its even military or aviation related, found it at the same beach I find aircraft parts but at a further out area where I only found this and a small piece of wellington wing. used my shoe to give an idea of size, very curious what this is, on the top it has some remains of a kinda fabric on it. and kinda looks like its 1 side/half of something like a left side and right side
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture sizeable rusty metal piece washed up...   sizeable rusty metal piece washed up...  

sizeable rusty metal piece washed up...   sizeable rusty metal piece washed up...  

sizeable rusty metal piece washed up...   sizeable rusty metal piece washed up...  

Looks like it could be an engine bearer from an aircraft, but there again it looks like part of the chassis from an old car!...

I vote for truck or car chassis rail like gunny says.
    The bracket looks like its for a spring shackle.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

recently washed up, metal on it is light, anyone any thoughts to as what this could be? aircraft related(?)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture sizeable rusty metal piece washed up...   sizeable rusty metal piece washed up...  

Looks like the hub of a wire spoked wheel

?

Old bicycle wheel.

I should of known that now I feel quite stupid .-) thanks, also washed up is this, aircraft or road vehicle?

Quote by brataccas View Post
    I should of known that now I feel quite stupid .-) thanks, also washed up is this, aircraft or road vehicle?
    Spitfire main wheels used 7.50 x 10 1/4 tyres!......
    Not saying the photo is from a spitfire but it shows it's an aircraft tyre!..

cool thx for the info gunny .-)

few bits and pieces, riveted brass? bit looks like a part of a jet afterburner panel(?)

?

You should take a dive in this place

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast