Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some more battlefield relics. Need help identifying!

Article about: by emileverbunt pic's two and three show, to my mind, the the top of a Dutch hand grenade. I think the "Scherpe nr.1" of WW2 vintage. The neck of the grenade should show a coarse t

Default Some more battlefield relics. Need help identifying!

Any help on identifying these items will be much appreciated! It always seems to work on this forum to figure out what the..... I dug up....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some more battlefield relics. Need help identifying!   Some more battlefield relics. Need help identifying!  

Some more battlefield relics. Need help identifying!   Some more battlefield relics. Need help identifying!  

Some more battlefield relics. Need help identifying!   Some more battlefield relics. Need help identifying!  

Default Re: Some more battlefield relics. Need help identifying!

Where did you find these items?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    Where did you find these items?
    I diden't find them myself. I bought them together with a whole bunch of militaria from an old man who recently passed away.

The trigger guard is from a Mauser look at the 5:52 minute point in this vid

Gest Alta - Yugo 24/47 Mauser

spitfirefan
    ?

the trigger guard looks like one i have just brought it came from a G98
    regards Spitfirefan

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    The trigger guard is from a Mauser look at the 5:52 minute point in this vid

Gest Alta - Yugo 24/47 Mauser
    Forgive me for my ignorance M3Bobby.. But what is the difference with a german Mauser?

I have no idea, I'm a Bren collector and have very little knowledge of German weapons. The only reason I posted the video of the Yugoslavian Mauser is that it had the best image of the part I could find.

I beieve they look similar but the yugo is .25" shorter. I found this post on another forum which is helpfull.

Differences between German K98 and Yugo 24/47?

I think you could do with finding someone with a G98 to compare parts. If your parts came from a WW1 battlefield I would say deffo a German G98 mauser.

ATB, Chris.

I think the third looks like piece of grenade or some type of explosive.

pic's two and three show, to my mind, the the top of a Dutch hand grenade. I think the "Scherpe nr.1" of WW2 vintage.

The neck of the grenade should show a coarse thread where the cap has been screwed on and off for arming and throwing.
    Look here:

Google Afbeeldingen resultaat voor http://www.freewebs.com/nederlandinwo2/eihandgranaat3.jpg

Cheers,
    Emile
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 11-02-2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: add link

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    I have no idea, I'm a Bren collector and have very little knowledge of German weapons. The only reason I posted the video of the Yugoslavian Mauser is that it had the best image of the part I could find.

I beieve they look similar but the yugo is .25" shorter. I found this post on another forum which is helpfull.

Differences between German K98 and Yugo 24/47?

I think you could do with finding someone with a G98 to compare parts. If your parts came from a WW1 battlefield I would say deffo a German G98 mauser.

ATB, Chris.
    I will check it out. Thanks for the help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast