Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

strange machine gun need ID

Article about: Le Quoc could you get a measurement of the inside diameter of the barrel please.

Default strange machine gun need ID

I have a strange machine gun. It weight 28 kilo ( about 61,7 pound ) , lenght 1,4 meter ( about 55inch ). I bought it in Bồng Sơn - Việt Nam but I think it from WW2.

?

Default Re: strange machine gun need ID

Japanese I think?

Type 92 Machine gun Type 92 heavy machine gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think it's a type 1 Type 1 heavy machine gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it looks like the conical flash hider has rotted away.

Ignore the above, due to the length and the thickness of the barrel i'd say it's a Hotchkiss13.2mm used by the japanese.

thank guys but I see the type 1 and the Hotchkiss13.2mm are so different than mine

Looks WWII Japanese to me
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

I as well believe it to be Japanese WWII and if I am not mistaken is one of the 90 series of heavy machine guns just can not put my finger on which one yet there were a few modifications made to the cooling fins, heavier barrels,and flash suppressors during the war
    I as well believe that there was a flash suppressor on this weapon that has rusted away.
    Have a look of this interesting photo of Heavy machine guns being destroyed at wars end by a worker with a cutting torch and the many different variations laid out in front of him for comparison.
    And on a different note when the french were in Vietnam there are lots of accounts of the Viet Minh using Japanese HMG's and LMG's early on in the war

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture strange machine gun need ID  
    Last edited by Mark K; 12-15-2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Add information

Quote by chu linh chi View Post
    thank guys but I see the type 1 and the Hotchkiss13.2mm are so different than mine
    Yep i realised from the measurements you gave that the type 1 is too short, as are the type 3 and type 92, if it's not the Hotchkiss i think it must be an aircraft weapon.
    Last edited by Gunny Hartmann; 12-16-2012 at 12:10 AM.

thanks Gunny thanks Mark K

Wow it is very interesting information . My friend in Bồng Sơn told me : " when 1967 the vietcong had shot down one UH-1 just about 10 meter behind his grandfather house". And he sad he dug the gun near it. It mean the gun had used in many era : WW2 Japanese Invasion of French Indochina , French Indochinese war ( 1945 - 1954 ) and the Viet Nam war.
    I think my gun is this. Can you give me the name ?

In Vietnam I have seen many relic gun of WW2 like the mas36, mas38, MG-42, Mp40, the FM 24/29 machine gun, carbine M1 , Garand M1 , Ruger ,etc. I have some of them and I'm thinking about displaying them.

regards Le Quoc

It appears to be Mag feed which makes me think Type 93 HMG.

13.2x99mm and based on a Hotchkiss design.

Only a guess.
    Cheers
    Dave
    Last edited by Thanatos; 12-16-2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: additional info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast