Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tank out of Russia

Article about: From what you've said about the tank and how its partially buried in the ground, it reminds me of that story a while back of the Panzers that were recovered from a defensive line in Bulgaria

?

Default Important!!!Tank out of Russia

Hello. Does anybody here on forum have experience in buying a tank in Russia and getting it to Western Europe for example? I would imagine that it would have to deactivated in some way. But mostly i would like to hear about the paper work with customs, and the problems you almost for sure would have had with them.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Datrus; 09-12-2011 at 05:58 PM.

?

Default Re: Tank out of Russia

This question is rather important. . We have stumbled upon a not very often seen German WW 2 tank that we want to get out of here. So advice will be MUCH appreciated. We also have a lawyer to look into this"problem", or what to call it.

Best regards

a difficult problem to overcome, russian stuff is hard to export but it has been done before many times but who could give you permission to take it out of the country i don't know. i do remember the budge brothers getting loads of stuff out in the early nineties but they went bankrupt so no use to you now i'm afraid. anyway good luck with your project.

eddy

What kind of German tank is it? Just curious...

?

Thank you very much for your answer Eddy. How is a tank normally deactivated? I have seen some with a big hole burnt through the under side of the gun barrel, but not the most elegant way imo. We found a Tiger with part of the barrel and turret above ground.

Wow, A Tiger! Do you have any photos?

?

Not at the moment. But one of the other guys should have. We were not out digging, just doing research. It's not even in a bog or swamp. I will try to get them ASAP.

datrus you don't need to deactivate the main gun if you hold a firearms certificate you can have it still live, it's not an automatic weapon so there are no problems at least in the uk but if you do want it deactivated there are several different ways which vary from country to country. the 20 pdr on my charioteer had the breech removed and bars welded over the block aswell as a steel plug welded in the barrel, other countries stipulate a hole the same size as the calibre in the pressure chamber, a freind sent a cheiftain to the usa not long ago and the breech had to be cut in half !!! but like i said earlier don't deactivate it even if you don't want a firearms license get a dealer to bring it in on his. anyway whatever you decide good luck with it.

eddy

?

Thank you very much again. I just thought such a large caliber gun had to be deac. Very useful info.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Not at the moment. But one of the other guys should have. We were not out digging, just doing research. It's not even in a bog or swamp. I will try to get them ASAP.
    Great! I can't wait to see them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast