Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

U-534

Article about: Here is some pictures of the recovered U-boat 534

Default Re: U-534

Hi Dimas, I don't think they were serious about cutting it up for scrap. I think this was a threat to try and get a buyer.

Cheers, Ade.

Cutaway
    ?

I hope it was a threat becouse it would be a bloody shame to scrap this relic up. Or maybe it was for transport reasons.

Well, they have started to cut the sub up into sections for display. A very stupid act.

BBC NEWS | England | Merseyside | Engineers breaking-up WWII U-boat

Cheers, Ade.

?

visited her twice,and a lot of the pics posted were taken by my friend who i visited with, the hand holding the helmet is old sscroogeys

?

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    visited her twice,and a lot of the pics posted were taken by my friend who i visited with, the hand holding the helmet is old sscroogeys
    Do you have other pictures to share?
    It's will be very nice to see all awailable.
    Thank you.
    Cheers,
    Dimas
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

hi,i think thats them all,but i will ask him if he has more,i forgot my camers and had to use my phone for pics them pics were from the very very last tour of u534 before they shut, cheers dave

Rob
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ben, basically the old Museum where the U Boat was kept closed down, and is now a car park....

The Danish owners want 5 million Euros for her. No buyer has came forwards and the owners proposed to cut her up for scrap! The link I provided tells the whole sorry story.

Cheers, Ade.

Unbelievable! I had heard that it was to be cut up and put on display (an unthinkable act IMHO) but this makes my blood boil. I understand that a lot of money went into recovering the vessel, but this news is just sad!!! Who are the 'owners' - anyone know?

Rob

Rob
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Well, they have started to cut the sub up into sections for display. A very stupid act.

BBC NEWS | England | Merseyside | Engineers breaking-up WWII U-boat

Cheers, Ade.
    quote from the text in the article... "It's a really important piece of history which we want to preserve."

Christ... now that has to be one of the most contradictive statements I've ever heard!!! How can cutting it up into five sections be considered preserving it? Why not just keep it intact and turn it into a museum – like the U-505 in Chicago???

I'm thoroughly disgusted. But hey – at least it wasn’t scrapped, right? Sheesh… watch out, now that it’s sectioned its much easier to move to the smelting ovens.

Rob

Rob
    ?

Quote by regiment739 View Post
    Mate such a shame, I may win the Euros Miliions tonight, she would have a new owner

Now that's the positive attitude I like to see! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ; )

Rob

?

What are the plans - after cut to pieces, will the parts be indoors, or opened?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast