Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

various relics found at ww2 airfield

Article about: just some pics of my recent finds and places visited ww2 related, even found some live ammo 1942 dated which I handed in to the police just added a few german graves as I recently just found

Default various relics found at ww2 airfield

just some pics of my recent finds and places visited ww2 related, even found some live ammo 1942 dated which I handed in to the police

just added a few german graves as I recently just found out that my local graveyard has buried luftwaffe pilots here in Scotland,

Needing help ID'ing the metalling things, the round thing and the rusty things,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture various relics found at ww2 airfield   various relics found at ww2 airfield  

various relics found at ww2 airfield   various relics found at ww2 airfield  

various relics found at ww2 airfield  

?

Default Re: various relics found at ww2 airfield

Can't help with the parts ID but the graves are a different matter.....
    MacLean, Holderness and Batten Wilkinson were killed when Wellington DZ726 undershot landing on one engine and crashed on Covesea Golf Links.
    Heck was killed when Wellington L7867 crashed into Geal Charn on Ben Alder.
    Lowery was killed on Welligton T2722 which crashed in Spey Bay.
    Imholz, Bastian and Weniger were on HE-111 Werke No.6854 which was hit by AA defenses and exploded over Lossiemouth Airfield.
    Stallman was on JU-88 Werke No.280608 which flew into a hill 3miles North West of Rothes.

Hi ,the circular disc with filters looks very similar to BPI (bomb pressure indicators)indicators that we used to use in the ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS on all posts HQ etc.That said when i was in the ROC late eighties to early ninties they were somewhat smaller. Maybe usless info ,possibley what you want.

cool, thx for the info so far quarter a mile away from the Airfield I found this rather big Bomb container, any idea what type of bomb its for? I think it is 1969 dated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture various relics found at ww2 airfield   various relics found at ww2 airfield  

?

Container for 1000lb bomb Tail. Could be either RAF or Navy as both used the airfield your on.

?

The link below may be of interest as you can search on a particular area for old military installations, many have aerial photos taken by the RAF during the war as well as post war. Useful for finding aircraft scrapping locations on old RAF bases (hint).
    Canmore Home Page