Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

weird briefcase discovered found in a little river...

Article about: well I had been at the area before and never noticed this briefcase. Assuming it was empty I got a stick and dragged it towards me, damn thing was really heavy, here is the result and the co

Like Ned said, these will be illegal to have in your possession if you don't have a shotgun certificate. If you left them in situ where you found them, maybe informing the police would be the best idea as it is rather unusual that they have been dumped in such a manner. But if you took them home, and are intending to take them into the station yourself it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the police tried to charge you with illegal possession despite you doing the right thing. I've heard of it happening before.

Thanks

Danny

?

I wouldn't like to stick one in a shotgun to see what happens, I would do as Ned advises and put them at the bottom of a deep hole.

They look like regular off the shelf cartridges which begs the question - why are they in a briefcase at the bottom of a pool of water?

I've never felt the need to keep mine in such a way. Maybe thrown there by someone not wishing the Old Bill to catch them in possession?

Make sure you don't wake up with an equine body part on your pillow!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Like Ned said, these will be illegal to have in your possession if you don't have a shotgun certificate. If you left them in situ where you found them, maybe informing the police would be the best idea as it is rather unusual that they have been dumped in such a manner. But if you took them home, and are intending to take them into the station yourself it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the police tried to charge you with illegal possession despite you doing the right thing. I've heard of it happening before.

Thanks

Danny
    That's not what I said Danny, it's NOT illegal to be in possession of shotgun cartridges without a certificate, you just cannot buy them unless you are licensed.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

worse come to worse a lil clean up and the case it self cold be quite nice

?

Maybe a poacher dumped them there (or somebody stole them, changed their mind and dumped them).

Could you pick up some of the shells and show us, pls?

Quote by crites1234 View Post
    worse come to worse a lil clean up and the case it self cold be quite nice
    Go down the local clay shooting club and theres 45 gallon drums full of the things for free and all different pretty colours. Dip yer bread lad.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

you oughta walk down the stream to see if theres anything else?

....NOT WORTH ANYTHING TO YOU..value wise....they may relate to criminal activity..do the right thing and pass onto the police.
    regards
    steve

My bet is Dad/Grandad croaks, son/grandson finds cartridges in house and not knowing better bricks it, takes case out under cover of darkness on a cold, windy night, and dumps them in the nearest brook. Then back home for tea and medals.

Quote by big ned View Post
    That's not what I said Danny, it's NOT illegal to be in possession of shotgun cartridges without a certificate, you just cannot buy them unless you are licensed.
    Just re-read what you said, my inbuilt auto correct of what I thought the law was must have kicked in! :P Unusual that you're able to own them without a certificate. Is there any reason behind such a law?

Thanks

Danny

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast