Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

weird relics found in ww2 bunker (scotland)

Article about: so the stuff I found isint even ww2 era but 80s? O_O

Default weird relics found in ww2 bunker (scotland)

didnt quite expect to find anything, just went driving along a ww2 beach beside the artillery and searchlight bunkers to drive along the anti tank blocks and stopped by one of the common bunkers I have drove past many times. Caught my eye this time because there was rusted sortof fencing I hadn't noticed before so I took a look inside and found weird rusty relics of somesort that were underneath the mud and stones within the pillbox (that faces out to sea)

I haven't a clue on what any of the stuff is and very very curious what it all is!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture weird relics found in ww2 bunker (scotland)   weird relics found in ww2 bunker (scotland)  

weird relics found in ww2 bunker (scotland)   weird relics found in ww2 bunker (scotland)  

weird relics found in ww2 bunker (scotland)   weird relics found in ww2 bunker (scotland)  

Default Re: weird relics found in ww2 bunker (scotland)

few more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture weird relics found in ww2 bunker (scotland)   weird relics found in ww2 bunker (scotland)  

the item in the 4th picture looks like part of a rotary light switch

Hi
    i think the third pic is two fire extinguisher holders that screw to the wall, not sure of the others.
    but good finds though.
    dave,

The items in the 7th photo (DSC_3888) resemble solid-fuel rockets from flares - perhaps the aluminium casing that surrounded them has corroded away in the salt-air environment...

The items in the 2nd photo (and also in one lower down, same pieces from the other end?) look like rocket line throwers.

Quote by ricvee2005 View Post
    The items in the 7th photo (DSC_3888) resemble solid-fuel rockets from flares - perhaps the aluminium casing that surrounded them has corroded away in the salt-air environment...
    I agree with you, brataccas if you're able to give us a rough size of these pieces it would be a good aid to finding out if these pieces are what I think they are

Thanks

Danny

Quote by ricvee2005 View Post
    .....and they also look very like the relic batteries I dig up every time I go out with my MD ! 'C' cells by the look of it.

Cheers

Steve T

PS 2nd photo in the smaller post also looks like battery parts.

I think you have 2 fire extinguishers here, probably water. Easy thing to do is to see if you have 2 of everything, the first photo and the 20th look like 2 handles from the trigger assembly. I'd bet the little tube things are compressed gas canisters and may fit into the bigger tubes. The 4th pic looks lke the top section of one, I wonder if someone has set fire to them to try and cause them to explode?

?

Hi the pill box at the end of the track that you drove down was used by the RAF about twentyfive years ago for burning old flares,We used to go and look for the old parachutes as they didnt always burn.They burned Schemulley parachute flares,flare cartridges and aircraft flares.The area was and still is used by the RAF for training.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast