Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Whats a P38 Lightning Propeller Blade Worth???

Article about: £1500 !!! Jeez.........I'll see if I can find one in the dump I'm digging Thanks anyway Tim

Default Whats a P38 Lightning Propeller Blade Worth???

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any idea what a P38 Lightning WW2 fighter propeller blade might be worth. Ive been offered one from an aircraft which crashed in the south of the country in 1944-it was a photo recce version of the P38. The blade in question is complete but with slight bend in it due to impact and the base section cracked. I have no pictures at mo but the chap selling it is happy to part with it for £100 as its been stuck in his garage since he dug the thing up in the early 1980's. Just would like some idea as to a value as i dont have much idea with things like prop blades. Cheers, Tim.

Default Re: Whats a P38 Lightning Propeller Blade Worth???

The P38 was always my favorite fighter,I would imagine that the prop if in pretty go shape will be worth a tidy sum.Put it up on ebay with a high reserve and see what happens,I would start at 5,000.00 $ go from there.

It's well worth a ton. The prop blade will be a Curtiss Electric variable pitch type that is solid aluminium and around 5 1/2' long. They can be professionally cleaned and polished to a mirror finish rhat makes it look like a stunning piece of art. This may be costly, but the end result would be superb, and worth in the low thousands. That is the way I'd go!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I thought it would be great hanging in a WWII pub or musem.What a find.Did hyou dig deeper might come up with more.

Personally at that sort of price i would definaltly go for it!! if you dont please let me know as i would be interested

regards Mad.ideas

Buy it and let me know if he's got another one please Tim

?

I reckon 100 is a great deal....how often do you get offered one of these!!!!

I'd grab it!

I would get for that price.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

I would pay a £200-£300 for a nice one more with proven provanance.
    i have seen german ones for sale at 1k pluss but they never seem to sell at that.
    Andy

A great investment at that price.
    As Ned said with a bit of work it should come up well with a clean and de-oxidation.
    Aluminium Pickling Gel should clean it up.Toxic stuff but works a treat.You can get it from a Welding product stockist.
    If you purchase this item please post some pic's if you could.
    Cheers mate.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast