MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a ww2 tank wheel?

Article about: Hi all, I registered here to see if anyone could hopefully help me with something, I may have found a WW2 era tank wheel during exploring world war 2 bunkers. Its near a huge coastal artilla

Default Is this a ww2 tank wheel?

Hi all, I registered here to see if anyone could hopefully help me with something, I may have found a WW2 era tank wheel during exploring world war 2 bunkers. Its near a huge coastal artillary defence complex and this "wheel" is in a hut middle of nowhere but the hut is like a mini dam or something as its right next to a little canal , some photos here I took, cant get that close to it as the hut has an underground pit and this thing is at the bottom in this pit:

I live in Scotland btw
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a ww2 tank wheel?   Is this a ww2 tank wheel?  

4md
    ?

Default Re: Is this a ww2 tank wheel?

hello brataccas this doesnt look like a tank wheel, more likely if its near a coastal artillery defence complex its related to that.
    It looks as though there is a brake mechanism that adjusts on slides, could be a traverse mechanism. Although it could be anything, the hut mite have been a workshop....... this looks horrilbly like a lathe 4 jaw chuck