Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

4-5" diameter metal Hitler MEDALLIONS TABLE MEDALS Goetz WHAT ARE THEY??

Article about: I have had these 2 metal medallions for quite a while, but I never knew what they really were. I have been told they were "proofs" struck to make sure the dies were good for the ma

Default 4-5" diameter metal Hitler MEDALLIONS TABLE MEDALS Goetz WHAT ARE THEY??

I have had these 2 metal medallions for quite a while, but I never knew what they really were. I have been told they were "proofs" struck to make sure the dies were good for the main production, and I have also been told they may be wall plaques?? The one with Hitlers bust is 4 3/4" in diameter and rough on the edges (not trimmed), and the one with the tree is 5 1/2" in diameter. They are both one sided and seem to made from iron (magnet sticks to them). The Hitler bust medallion is signed on the base of Hitler: K Goetz. ANY info and value would be appreciated. thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 4-5" diameter metal Hitler MEDALLIONS TABLE MEDALS Goetz   WHAT ARE THEY??   4-5" diameter metal Hitler MEDALLIONS TABLE MEDALS Goetz   WHAT ARE THEY??  

4-5" diameter metal Hitler MEDALLIONS TABLE MEDALS Goetz   WHAT ARE THEY??  
    Attached Images Attached Images 4-5" diameter metal Hitler MEDALLIONS TABLE MEDALS Goetz   WHAT ARE THEY??  4-5" diameter metal Hitler MEDALLIONS TABLE MEDALS Goetz   WHAT ARE THEY?? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 4-5" diameter metal Hitler MEDALLIONS TABLE MEDALS Goetz   WHAT ARE THEY??
    P
    Many

Default Re: 4-5" diameter metal Hitler MEDALLIONS TABLE MEDALS Goetz WHAT ARE THEY??

For sale?

Default Re: 4-5" diameter metal Hitler MEDALLIONS TABLE MEDALS Goetz WHAT ARE THEY??

I don't really want to sell them until I figure out what the heck they are! They could be very rare prototypes or something....I don't know. Do you know what they are?

They have the appearance of crude castings made from the impressions of 2 Hitler medallions by Karl Goetz. They seem to be one front and one back castings of 2 different pieces made by the same person. I doubt very much if they are prototypes. Interesting, though! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes, I agree with the last comment. I have the medallion with the tree and the years on the back, and I have also seen the other medallion. The closest thing I can think that they would be are wall reliefs/plaques.

Thanks for the comments!! That gives me some more info than I had! I'm still thinking of selling them....I have to sleep on it.