Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Adolf HITLER - 1937 oil painting - Asztalos Gy. - RARE with Certificate

Article about: One of my friend has this portrait: Adolf Hitler's painting, by Asztalos Gy (1900-1972), 1937 (Knirr), 55x45, oil on canvas, German Nazi-approved appraisal department, inventory no., Flawles

?

Default Adolf HITLER - 1937 oil painting - Asztalos Gy. - RARE with Certificate

One of my friend has this portrait:

Adolf HITLER - 1937 oil painting - Asztalos Gy. -  RARE with Certificate

Adolf Hitler's painting, by Asztalos Gy (1900-1972), 1937 (Knirr),
    55x45, oil on canvas,
    German Nazi-approved appraisal department, inventory no., Flawless. The painting is a true rarity, an exceptional combination of qualities, competent to recommend it.

With an 1989, 2001, restoration documentation.

What do you think what is its value? My friend will sell it for 2000 Dollars i think.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf HITLER - 1937 oil painting - Asztalos Gy. -  RARE with Certificate
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Adolf HITLER - 1937 oil painting - Asztalos Gy. - RARE with Certificate

Quote by Zsilie View Post
    One of my friend has this portrait:

Adolf HITLER - 1937 oil painting - Asztalos Gy. -  RARE with Certificate

Adolf Hitler's painting, by Asztalos Gy (1900-1972), 1937 (Knirr),
    55x45, oil on canvas,
    German Nazi-approved appraisal department, inventory no., Flawless. The painting is a true rarity, an exceptional combination of qualities, competent to recommend it.

With an 1989, 2001, restoration documentation.

What do you think what is its value? My friend will sell it for 2000 Dollars i think.
    Gyula Asztalos 1900 - 1972 was a Hungarian Artist.
    He is more noted for his paintings of ladies and still lifes.
    His works on average sell for less that 1000.00 Euros on the international art markets.
    The subject matter being Adolf Hitler would put this work in the basement of values.
    I believe that the frame is worth more than the painting. Subject matter being the keystone for value.
    It is my considered opinion that the work is worth 200 euros or less.
    My appraisel of course is free on this forum. Normally I would charge at least $100.00 or a percentage of the appraised value.
    I believe your friend is trying to unload this painting on military collectors that have no idea of what international art markets values are. $2000.00 is 10 times more than what it is worth.

Steve Ray MA,EDS

?

Default Re: Adolf HITLER - 1937 oil painting - Asztalos Gy. - RARE with Certificate

Can you get some more and closer images please? The front, the back, the framing details, the image details, the brush strokes etc.

Also please post the restoration documents.

It's impossible to give an opinion based upon a single image from such a distance.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

i didn't post before because you seem not to be asking for an opinion on authenticity. you seem settled on this.

however, you might as well get all the opinions you can and Adrian is right... if you are interested in seeing it discussed, we need the pictures Adrian suggests.

SteveR knows what he is talking about obviously. You might get more from Militaria collectors, but from the perspective of its value on the regular art market, you can't argue with him. great to get a free appraisal from an expert. Being "rare" means nothing in a case like this. i'd listen to him and stay away.

?

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    SteveR knows what he is talking about.
    No-one has ever said that before!!!

Only joking Steve!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

well it's MY first time saying it. haha

it's great to have an appraiser here. i'm amazed constantly at the talent on the forum.

fantastic.

i am amused at his comment about the value of the frame being more than the value of the painting. i have bought paintings that i liked and had some little spot
    in the house for. unless you're talking about a painting of real value, i always re-frame them because some artists use some pretty lousy frames. anyway, it's common that i end up paying more for the framing than the painting. sometimes, a lot more. i try not to think about that too much. ha

I'd say it is a modern reproduction. Why all the extra crap around AH ?
    To make the painting look important, add some drama, or to show
    off talent ? Whoever the painter was, used a repro SS visor
    in his 'still life' !

The OP has not commented or produced any proof of this
    paintings' legitimacy in almost a year which is
    rather telling.........
    Regards,

Steve.

"The Painting can bee seen next to the Super Rare, SS- jet ski division visor, on the right a one of a kind fiberglass helmet worn by the fuhrer himself"
    But all jokes aside it looks like , as Steve said a modern repo, the fine finish on the frame and painting shows no oxidation.

Morris

I suspect the OP was on a fishing expedition.