Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library
    P
    Many

Default Re: Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library

Thank you.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Adrian, Obkrieger, Big Ned, tempelhof, Bigmacgglen, & Guns Ltd. (John) have all said it correctly. These counterfeit bookplates have been around almost forever. I bought a book with the bookplate in Berlin from a street vendor in 1957. I paid 50 pfg. for it, the equivalent of about 12 cents US, or the price of a half Ltr. Pilsner. I bought many books related to WWII and the NS Zeit, which I still have. Some had bookplates in them that are to real people, but this was the only one that I saw that had this particular bookplate in it. When I bought it I knew it was a joke of some kind, given the poor quality of the book binding, the light weight covers, and the near pulp paper. Not the features one would expect to find in a book intended for der Führer's book shelf. All the other books cost me about 10 pfg. apiece, approximately 2.5 cents US, or the then going price for a half Ltr. of Helles. So even fifty-six years ago, unscrupulous sellers were dressing up these TR-related books to increase the price, in this case by 5X. I bought it with both eyes open and have enjoyed having it ever since. One of the guys in my company who was going home wanted a souvenir and offered me $5. Maybe I should have taken it since it represented a 10X profit. But I still have it and every time I see something such as the example Savage WWII Memeorabilia posted, I know I got one hell-of-a buy. I probably have the most valuable fake on the planet. Dwight
    Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library

I wasn't aware that Hans Frank was selling Adolf Hitler Bookplates to the British ("Seargant Winton Price") prior to his trial...I suspect we have Hans Frank to blame for these fakes with typical uneven Swastika...!
    cheers, Glenn

I heard that if one assembles all the Pisces of the true Cross of Christ , one could build a bridge form Rome to New York!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4