Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Adolf hitler bust for review

Article about: Hello guys I have been offered this Adolf Hitler bust of a fairly decent size. It seems to be detailed and well-proportioned I figured it would be best to have a couple other people look at

Default Adolf hitler bust for review

Hello guys I have been offered this Adolf Hitler bust of a fairly decent size. It seems to be detailed and well-proportioned I figured it would be best to have a couple other people look at it as well. I appreciate any questions or comments. It looks like a nice piece it looks a little shiny as well a little bit glossy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf hitler bust for review   Adolf hitler bust for review  

Adolf hitler bust for review   Adolf hitler bust for review  

Attached Images Attached Images Adolf hitler bust for review 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf hitler bust for review
    P
    Many

Seller states it was a vet estate find. I do not see any bad pitting marks that you would see on a sand cast replica. But there is no makers mark

Hey Chuck as you said it has a lot of gloss, and that gives it a rather irregular appearance. I would suggest you ask the seller for pictures in a better light and without flash. JMO
    Best regards.

Brian

Heres more. The seller has no clue about needing better pictures i will try and tell him and get more pictures
    The more i look the more i like it. Seems ok but il try for more pics and wait for others to chime in.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf hitler bust for review   Adolf hitler bust for review  

Adolf hitler bust for review   Adolf hitler bust for review  

Adolf hitler bust for review  
    Attached Images Attached Images Adolf hitler bust for review 

The piece is IMO promising. It's a rather good likeness of AH and well made. It s not a piece that's refined enough to be considered artist quality but one I think could of possibly been made for public purchase. I think loosely based off this example being offered by TR ARTS.COM. Best regards.

Brian

Adolf hitler bust for reviewAdolf hitler bust for reviewAdolf hitler bust for reviewAdolf hitler bust for review

Adolf Hitler Bronze Bust 2x Life- (Walther Wolff) 1933

I've been taught that original Pre WWII bronze busts are attached to the plinth by a square nut, not an hexagonal nut like the one shown on the picture.

Even if that were true which im not convinced it is , you cant judge any bust by how its attached to its base, the nut could be original and if not could have been changed at any time in the last 70/80 years for reasons we would never know.

Looks like cast brass and not bronze, which I would think would be a red flag. Does it have a laquer coating? No doubt there were cheaper quality busts produced, and while the likeness is reasonable, my gut feeling is "Indian repro".

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Looks like cast brass and not bronze, which I would think would be a red flag. Does it have a laquer coating? No doubt there were cheaper quality busts produced, and while the likeness is reasonable, my gut feeling is "Indian repro".
    I may well be wrong but those were my thoughts exactly. Appears to be a cheap cast example.

Quote by ackworth14 View Post
    you cant judge any bust by how its attached to its base
    ...Oh, I wouldn't say that ....fnar, fnar, chortle, chortle

( photo deleted by PC police ...... )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "