Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Adolf Hitler Formal tableware knife?

Article about: Hi guys i went out on a limb with this one and purchased something i thought was a little dubious ...it would be great if i could get some thoughts on this..i thought the eagle looked good b

Default Adolf Hitler Formal tableware knife?

Hi guys i went out on a limb with this one and purchased something i thought was a little dubious ...it would be great if i could get some thoughts on this..i thought the eagle looked good but its not molded like others i have seen,i believe the maker did make some for Hitler but it would be very easy to just get one of his knifes and engrave..im expecting bad news..so any help would be good
    Adolf Hitler Formal tableware knife?Adolf Hitler Formal tableware knife?Adolf Hitler Formal tableware knife?Adolf Hitler Formal tableware knife?Adolf Hitler Formal tableware knife?Adolf Hitler Formal tableware knife?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler Formal tableware knife?
    P
    Many

I hope it's good mate but I have to wonder just how many knives, forks and spoons did he have? They do seem to be everywhere!

Nooooooooo!. First time I have seen that one though

The engraved monogram looks like a terrible job. All of the AH Formal Pattern silverware I've ever seen or owned had Much crisper and cleaner engravings and a great many of them have a Raised monogram and eagle embossed into the solid silver handles. Sorry, but I don't like this one at all. Take a look at Wittmann's site and see.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

yeah i agree mate...ive only ever seen the raised stuff..im on a road trip atm and i found it somewhere in the middle of nowhere,ill be taking it back tomorrow

I don't like it either and the official silverware that was used by Hitler was made of .800 silver.

I'm sure uncle Adolf would have had something better than that!...

It is just an old silver plated knife with a fake monogram.

Real knife with false engraving AH.
    90 indicates silver plated .

Unfortunately we are seeing more and more of these fake outstanding
    a simple knife like that is what? $ 10
    added a AH monogram
    the price goes from $ 10 to $ 200 and more

Have never seen this one before… and from all appearances this will be a fake as many are "made" out there today. When I was touring "Wolfsschanze" - the "Guide" offered me a fork that was allegedly from this location he claimed… problem was I have 1 real piece from the Obersalzberg, and when I started laughing the guide seemed a bit offended… until I pointed out the "Made In Korea" in English stamped on the back of the piece… then he got pretty quiet… here is a link showing some items from a dealer who has some actual pieces… I don't endorse anyone - but use sites to research pieces I am interested in… so it is worth looking if you have an interest: Wittmann Militaria - Adolf Hitler Silverware and Miscellaneous & Specialty Items - one last place to see items that were brought back is a book that has been re-published in the recent past called "Collectors Guide to "Liberated Adolf Hitler Memorablilia by Mark D. Griffith, M.D. Some great photos and research materials… good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast