Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Adolf Hitler plaque

Article about: Can anyone tell me about this plaque. Weighs about 26 pounds and 16x10 inches in size.

Default Adolf Hitler plaque

Can anyone tell me about this plaque. Weighs about 26 pounds and 16x10 inches in size.

Last edited by cav scout; 01-05-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Picture added

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler plaque
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Adolf Hitler plaque

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    A picture will be needed for the guys to give any opinions, please post the front and back and also any other details such as makers marks or names.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Pictures posted

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

There were many many different designs of Hitler plaques made during the 1930's by many different companies. This is not a pattern I have seen before, which I think is a good sign? I would say it stands a good chance of being original.

As you can read, it gives Hitler's date and place of birth.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

What would a plaque like this be worth to a collector?

I will let others advise on that, as this is really outside what I currently buy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Dont think that A.H would appreciate a plaque with a cross, as in my 45 years of collecting I have never seen anything like this , also the back looks to unfinished, no maker,foundry marks???- Just my opinion.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    Dont think that A.H would appreciate a plaque with a cross.

Horst

I have no opinion on this item, just that I assume the cross is supposed to be an EK?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I took it as being an Iron Cross too.

In the early days of the Party there was a lot of "kitsch" produced. At that time the Nazi Party attitude was it was all good publicity. However, attitudes later changed once the Nazis were in power. Cheap tacky looking items were suppressed. Hitler and the Party then wanted to see seen as patrons of the fine arts.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I took it as being an Iron Cross too.

In the early days of the Party there was a lot of "kitsch" produced. At that time the Nazi Party attitude was it was all good publicity. However, attitudes later changed once the Nazis were in power. Cheap tacky looking items were suppressed. Hitler and the Party then wanted to see seen as patrons of the fine arts.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade is spot on here, the early period items were generally not quite the same high standard of later pieces. Earlier items were not restricted by materials guidelines either, so big heavy lumps of iron with AH on often discarded as rubbish, can actually be original early period items. I think that this piece above could be an example of such items, although if I am honest the emphasis is on the word "think", as I can't say either way for certain. An interesting piece nonetheless.

Regards,

Carl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast