Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Adolf Hitler Platz enamel street sign

Article about: by SteveR I am not saying the sign is good but the marks that every body thinks are grinder marks is shivering of the enamel which in reality is a thin layer of glass. Just an opinion. Steve

wittman
    ?

Default Adolf Hitler Platz enamel street sign

Hello collectors:I am about to purchase an Adolf Hitler Platz enamel street sign. It seems authentic, but I am not sure? I need your opinion. Please, see the pictures. It's quite expensive.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Hitler Platz enamel street sign   Adolf Hitler Platz enamel street sign  

Attached Images Attached Images Adolf Hitler Platz enamel street sign 

2. # ADS

Default re: Adolf Hitler Platz enamel street sign

It appears to have received the attentions of a modern day grinding wheel. These signs are heavily faked, and looking at this one, i'd steer clear, it just don't look right!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

HI. The print looks in very good condition, to be an origional, also the sign is not totally flat ie it is concaved, but no scratches on the center..the grinder marks could be from cutting the fixings, but i dont think so ,they anly go over the whole way on one corner..thare are also no marks of the fixings on the metal.. the metal is very fresh looking and has no effects of ageing...and the 4 corners are exactally 90 degrees ie the corners are sharp..i would walk away from this , in fact run away....but ask him is the mp40 for sale.....

The revolutionary war is a war of the masses; it can be waged only by mobilizing the masses and relying on them.

bad plate but great weapons

cheers,

All good advice which I totally agree with

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Adolf Hitler Platz enamel street sign

If you're looking to buy any type of enamelled sign, always ask to see the back. It's a good indicator as to whether its an original or modern repro. Strangely they dont appear to have supplied a picture of this signs back, I wonder why?...
    LUCKYSTRIKE

?

Theres a little shop in the town my wife is from in Germany that makes keys,house numbers,signs,etc that cranks out any sign your heart desires i.e Adolf Hitler,Schanhorst,Horst Wessel,etc -.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

I agree with the rest, IMO not period sign. But I also had to say forget the MP40 look at that MP44 Sturmgewehr, wow. I hate to make judgements, but it appears whoever is selling the sign might have put it with those fantastic weapons to try and legitimize the sign. A kind of take your eye off the ball kind of thing, if you will.

Jay

Jay

?

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    If you're looking to buy any type of enamelled sign, always ask to see the back. It's a good indicator as to whether its an original or modern repro. Strangely they dont appear to have supplied a picture of this signs back, I wonder why?...
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Hi Luckystrike,
    Could you give a little detail about what to look for on original enameled sign backs. Only I'm going to look at a couple of enameled signs in the next few days, a Adolf Hitler Strasse sign which I'm told is without any chips & interestingly a enamel sign which has had the enameled swastika knocked off, but the it still has runes on it, if it comes to anything I don't know, but any information on what to look out for would be more than useful and welcome.
    Regards

?

I am not saying the sign is good but the marks that every body thinks are grinder marks is shivering of the enamel which in reality is a thin layer of glass.
    Just an opinion.
    SteveR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast