Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Adolf Hitler Pocket Watch, fake or not?

Article about: This pocket watch is for sale on a Norwegian auction site: - Adolf Hitler Lommeur / Gi bud It is a pocket watch with a picture of Hitler in it, and i am quite sure it is a Russian Post-War c

Default Adolf Hitler Pocket Watch, fake or not?

This pocket watch is for sale on a Norwegian auction site: - Adolf Hitler Lommeur / Gi bud

It is a pocket watch with a picture of Hitler in it, and i am quite sure it is a Russian Post-War copy, this is what the seller wrote:

"We have been told there were only made about 1000 examples of this watch and that this is a pocket watch that was awarded to Adolf Hitlers officers(After ww2?).
    It was bought at an antique shop in Finlan. We can't find any examples online and we are looking at auction sites around the world for this pocket watch."

I contacted the seller earlier today and said it was a Russian copy(Look at the last picture, i am pretty sure there is some Russian writing on the bottom). And told him to delete the ad as soon as possible or i would report him for scam, he has not done so yet. And 1 quick search on google for "Adolf Hitler pocket watch fake", this shows up: German pocket watch identification. - National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Message Board .

But anybody can make a mistake, but i am 99% sure it is a fake, but i would just like your opinions before i report him.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler Pocket Watch, fake or not?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Adolf Hitler Pocket Watch, fake or not?

Sorry about the double thread, don't know what happened.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

That is one cheap and nasty post war russian watch."We have been told there were only made about 1000 examples of this watch and that this is a pocket watch that was awarded to Adolf Hitlers officers(After ww2?).
    Yeah right, add another "0000"'s to that. They used to sell in East Berlin markets for about 3-4 quid in the '80's, sans Adolf of course.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

hi ,as stated junk....cheers paul

Agreed. Not a good piece.
    Regards,

Steve.