Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Adolf Hitler silverware from Snyders Treasures

Article about: Try Brents Antiques he has some nice originals.

Default Re: Adolf Hitler silverware from Snyders Treasures

[QUOTE=ZigZag;914949]The problem is that every piece of 70 year old Silverware, from Germany, "was Hitlers". The vast majority of it was looted by GI's, especially the 101st/506th PIR. I have read that the Easy Co guys took loads of it out the Berghof and Carinhall.

Carinhall was located in eastern suburbs of Berlin and the American troops were never close to it. You may be thinking of Goring's train that was located in a tunnel in the Obersalzburg. That was crammed full of Goring's looted art work and other items from Carinhall. Rgw 101st put on an art exibit with the contents of the train.I have two silver goblets and a couple of metal dishes taken from that train by a 101st Airborne Colonel.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler silverware from Snyders Treasures
    P
    Many

Hi, i would like to make a observation, if i may. Every new member will eventually ask about the authenticity of "Eva Braun`s Bra" or "Hitler`s underpants" on sale at Snyder. The creation of topics and threads about this is just imense and probably take a lot of space in the Forum. I believe it should be created an "Unreliable dealer" section. Something with bright colors and flashing lights

I wonder if the ghost of the wealthy 'Alfred Hinkle' is puzzled that his engraved monogrammed cutlery now commands so much money?

"Got in himmel, I should have sold it to that dealer in Dusseldorf when I had ze chance!" .......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I speculate that more than one German in the lean times of the postwar era did some AH/EB silver-engraving and peddled them to GIs along with a cool story...
    cheers, Glenn

Lutzow
    ?

It's even more amusing to offer an item to him for sale. He is an condescending person to be sure. His items are dubious & over priced. Beware & stay away. I find enough goodies by simply placing ad's in the local newspapers. Onward and upward. GB

?

'Treasures,' LOL! More like Adlon Hotel silwerware than the Führers.

Quote by bob coleman View Post
    The problem is that every piece of 70 year old silverware, from germany, "was hitlers". The vast majority of it was looted by gi's, especially the 101st/506th pir. I have read that the easy co guys took loads of it out the berghof and carinhall.

Carinhall was located in eastern suburbs of berlin and the american troops were never close to it. You may be thinking of goring's train that was located in a tunnel in the obersalzburg. That was crammed full of goring's looted art work and other items from carinhall. Rgw 101st put on an art exibit with the contents of the train.i have two silver goblets and a couple of metal dishes taken from that train by a 101st airborne colonel.
    Interesting. Any chance of pics/a link?

Sandgroper: Of course yours is a fake. I bought the last two originals in 86. Dwight

Quote by Savage WWII Memeorabilia View Post
    So Wellner did not make any of Hitlers stuff? I found stuff that Snyder is selling on another site as well: BrentsAntiques.com*Catalog
    Wellner made the AH silver plated serving pieces only.

?

A collector bought an extremely nice rare SS cap from him that was 100% original. But that was the only time I have heard anyone buying something original from him.

By the way, Brents Antiques AH silver pieces are spot on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast