Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Adolf Hitler trench art ashtray

Article about: My friend is selling this. Is it trench art or made for a special occasion?

?

Default Adolf Hitler trench art ashtray

My friend is selling this. Is it trench art or made for a special occasion?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Hitler trench art ashtray   Adolf Hitler trench art ashtray  

Adolf Hitler trench art ashtray  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler trench art ashtray
    P
    Many

It is made for a 'special occasion', but very long after the war. Have seen these ash trays in different designs, had a SS one my self for a while.
    Same construction, same greenish filt underneath. No clue who made them or where, but if I remeber correctly I paid 15 euros for mine.
    They are fantasy pieces, but some look really cool, but I doubt if they ever existed before 1945. Mine also had the green fake patina on the inside.

?

Kind of a cool item Dean just think you could stick your butt in Hitlers face any time you felt like it
    Sorry could not help my self.

Regards Mark K

?

Hehe, thanks fellas I suppose it was a good idea I didn't buy it. I spent all my cash on the TeNo rubber ink stamp that day.

?

This whole "Trench Art" thing is a bit of a sore spot for me..well maybe "sore spot" is a bit strong.
    To me Trench art is something made by Soldiers when they have the time..usually crude, but done by the Men. Most WW1 fancy Trench Art ( we all know the brass shell cases with great designs) was done as a cottage industry, and was for sale to Soldiers ect. Items like yours are also manufactured by companies for sale..so what I am trying to get at, is what should we call items that are made for sale as opposed to the items made by Soldiers in the field?

Funny I am just going to post a piece of "Trench Art" myself

Dean O.

Made to fool the unwary, post war fantasy design.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks again for your opinions, gentlemen I'm always happy to hear what others have to say. I had a feeling this was a bit questionable and passed it up. Besides , if I didn't get the TeNo rubber stamp, I would have gotten a late war tropical canteen.( I just posted it)