Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Adolph Hitler Silverware

Article about: Hi Guys, believe it or not, picked these four pieces of Hitlers silverware up at a local donut shop. They are made by Bruckmann, three formal pieces and one informal piece, they were all gre

KJV
    ?

Default Adolph Hitler Silverware

Hi Guys,
    believe it or not, picked these four pieces of Hitlers silverware up at a local donut shop. They are made by Bruckmann, three formal pieces and one informal piece, they were all green before I cleaned them. the photo is the Veteran that brought them home, he was in the Rainbow division
    Regards,
    Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolph Hitler Silverware   Adolph Hitler Silverware  

Adolph Hitler Silverware  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Adolph Hitler Silverware

some people have all the luck
    They fetch a pretty penny now...........Nice one Kev

That is a great find, well done, I always tell my wife we should visit donut shops....it's her fault I don't find things like this

Cheers,

Grant

KJV
    ?

Your right John,
    it was just being in the right place at the right time, you would not believe what I've pulled out of the local donut shops, even got a Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross W/O swords from the local shops, mind you it did not come with the neck ribbon, marked 900 1 dor Deschler.
    Regards,
    Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolph Hitler Silverware   Adolph Hitler Silverware  

Quote by KJV View Post
    it did not come with the neck ribbon
    Blimey Kev......I think you got ripped off

The Bruckmann formal cutlery always looks so nice. I've got an AH napkin, all I need now is the table

KJV
    ?

Hi JMB,
    ya, I guess your right, I got ripped off, should not have paid the $40.00 for the KvK Ritter Kreuz,
    Regards,
    Kevin

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    i bought a hj knife and 4 antique fire arms from tesco car park a few yr back

Every little helps

This nuts! How can you aquire this silver ware at a donut shop? they could not have possibly try to server you with these?

great find!! I'm jealous

Man ,there are some great finds there , cheers Raymond

Seanpmc1
    ?

"he was in the Rainbow division"

My Uncle was in the 42nd Rainbow Division as well, and was one of the forward Scouts as a "Rainbow Ranger". The Rainbow Rangers were not trained specifically, like the Army "Rangers" of today. They were a volunteer unit.

Anyway, he was present at the Liberation of Dachau, and after the War spent some time hunting fugitives in Austria. He came home with two PPK's. He sold one of the PPK's on the Dock when he came off the ship back to the US, but his daughter still has the other one. Perfect Condition with all markings intact, as well as a shoulder holster.

He took the one he kept from a German Officer after taking out two Machine Gun nests. He got the Bronze Star for that action. I believe he also brought home a couple of Daggers and a Banner, but sold them on the Dock when he sold the other PPK. I guess he was broke and figured he needed the money worse than he needed the War Booty.

If he had known what that stuff would be worth in the future, I imagine he would have kept all of it... ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast