Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allach Plaque " SS Das Schwarze Korps"

Article about: I have a question about origin of this well known item. Can any one help me. It would be perfect if mister Lindblom have a look at this thing.

irminsul7
    ?

Default Allach Plaque " SS Das Schwarze Korps"

I have a question about origin of this well known item. Can any one help me. It would be perfect if mister Lindblom have a look at this thing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allach Plaque " SS Das Schwarze Korps"   Allach Plaque " SS Das Schwarze Korps"  

Allach Plaque " SS Das Schwarze Korps"   Allach Plaque " SS Das Schwarze Korps"  

Allach Plaque " SS Das Schwarze Korps"  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Allach Plaque " SS Das Schwarze Korps"

Hi,

It was awarded to a propaganda paper and I think they were done at least two different years, with this one being the most common and I believe something like 6000 produced.

Its Terra Cotta and soft, so many times damaged or chipped, but a nice piece for display with the eagle and the Allach marking making it somewhat desirable.

I recognize the photos from its website ad, but other than confirming its original I cannot say much about the piece itself without having it in hand. But believe this was sold long ago. Of course the CD and TK stand for Carl Diebitsch and Theodore Karner.

Best,

Kris

Incredible piece that's been well preserved.

irminsul7
    ?

Thank you, yes this fotos are from the website, but it hasn't been sold. It is still in for sale, price - 4500$! I think it's rather cheap. I 'm interested in it, so i was asking about origin.

Well,

Its a propaganda award with production of 6000, that is a very high number by Allach standards, its also terra cotta as opposed to porcelain. Market does not view these as desirable as other pieces so cheap is a matter of perception.

Best,

Kris

11C
    ?

I am currently looking to add a perfect example of this plaque to my collection. Any year will suffice.

?

A blast from the past!
    11C may I suggest posting this in the Wanted section.
    Third Reich militaria - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

You will have more eye's on it there than when this post fades away
    Good Luck in your search.
    Semper Fi
    Phil