Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allach Porcelain Company

Article about: I don't know if anyone saw the post I made the other day on the paper forum but I found an advertising in a Berlin opera house program ,it was for the Allach Porcelain Company in 1940 the ad

Default Allach Porcelain Company

Allach Porcelain CompanyAllach Porcelain Company

I don't know if anyone saw the post I made the other day on the paper forum but I found an advertising in a Berlin opera house program ,it was for the Allach Porcelain Company in 1940 the ad showed a picture of a horse on a table. I found the horse for sale at a company called Ulric of England the piece is titled 'The Rearing Horse' by Adolf Rohring and it is one of 325 that were made. It is selling for 4,375 pounds (wow) but the most interesting thing I found out that The Allach porcelain company was run by the SS and was located outside Dachau Concentration camp and the workers in the factory all came from the camp!! It is amazing the lengths of a simple computer search can bring. I understand that all of the Allach works are top collectibles. The site at Ulric of England is very fascinating and there are many workers of art and militaria including some of the finest daggers for sale that I have ever seen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allach Porcelain Company
    P
    Many

Ulric's does, indeed, have many impressive rarities. If you are looking for such items as Blood Orders, Gold Party Badges,Honor Rings, Knight's Crosses, etc., Ulric may well have it or will have it eventually. What they do Not have, unfortunately, are Bargains, as you pointed out on the Allach Horse!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

4300 British for a horse that can be bought for 3k U.S, fascinating. There were workers from the camp but many were not camp personnel and skilled artisans from outside the confines of the camp itself. Production figures would be much higher for this piece as well but maybe the seller figures slave labor must mean a premium bump on the ask.

I agree. Go to the Ulric of England site and see all of the very expensive stuff they have. There is an intresting history on the site that details the company operatioms.

?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    There were workers from the camp but many were not camp personnel and skilled artisans from outside the confines of the camp itself
    Details regarding the use of camp inmates at Allach are highlighted in post 32 of the thread below - there were many KZ prisoners involved, contrary to what some believe.

My SS Allach Fawn

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Details regarding the use of camp inmates at Allach are highlighted in post 32 of the thread below - there were many KZ prisoners involved, contrary to what some believe.

My SS Allach Fawn
    There was slave labor everywhere, I do not see why this is such an issue with people. Every industry was using slave labor and that is the way it was. You can't very well conquer Europe without labor can you?. The use of labor is of course going to vary and in one case a piece of Allach showed up from a relative of an employee of the factory who was a shop foreman or manager, a female camp inmate. Apparently they were having issue with theft or what we call "shrinkage". Pieces were disappearing on her watch and she got a personal slap in the face from Heinrich Himmler. When you put this in context and take into consideration the level of skill needed for this firm and its limited means and apply it to factory work or forced labor in general your not really talking about the same thing. I don't see the point and thousands of people are driving Volkswagen's all over the U.S and Europe, Porsche is a legend, and the list go's on. Why people need to project guilt onto artifacts is beyond me as they are inanimate and can only be what they are. Slave labor has been used for centuries and its used today in many countries, you own an I-Phone?. Its a fact of life and a necessity in wartime at certainly for the German's at the time.

I must say I agree with you. The fact is that the SS owned the company it the company was outside Dachau to say that there was no slave labor involved is somewhat unbelievable. Like you said most all company's in Germany used labor Bayer Aspirin, Mercedes Benz,Krupp, the list goes on and on,and from what I can understand a job in one of the company's was better than hauling rocks op and down a hill in Mathausen KZ. Please understand slave labor is wrong but when the circumstances were like what they were in Germany a job at Allach or Mercedes might have been the difference between life and death.

Apparently upon clicking on the mans link there were several that were unaware of slave labor usage at Allach, not sure why this would be and it might be because the guys who discuss this material actually avoid it with the exception of those who feel it increases the value by adding it to their description. In all the years I have been collecting I think there was only one time where I got hammered for my tastes in collecting from some guy, others have gotten it more than I have. But I tend to try and shut those people down quickly and be done with them. The main argument or objection that I encounter and that I see in the news or get in the hobby is the use of slave labor. I hear that a lot, and it obviously irritates me as there is both a context and a reality. Allach used slave labor being the reality and the context being the means and level. Maybe that is splitting hairs to some. The hypocrisy and the ignorance is generally what I see when the question comes to the top.

Not knowing they used slave labor is one thing, waking up in the morning tossing on designer sneakers and a polo both manufactured by slave labor, grabbing an I-phone made by slave labor and hopping in the Volkswagen Passat or Jetta who utilized slave labor, and then expressing shock that I have items manufactured by slave labor is actually beyond hypocrisy and falls into ignorance. And this happens and it drives me crazy and I just want to stuff them in the blender manufactured by slave labor until they look like the right texture for a celery stick and some Tabasco. A hypocrite is not treated as well. I do not see the big deal personally, its history and that's the way it happened. Today it is the end user of items that creates the demand for items manufactured around the world by slave labor, whether he be an American or a European, he fuels the market by buying the product which in turn creates the demand and the conditions for which the people work when making those items at a fraction of the labor cost of developed nation. This is another reality.