Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Another Reichskriegflagge Authentic? Value?

Article about: I obtained this flag in a trade at a gun show about 20 years ago. The trade was heavily in my favor and I did not give much for this flag as I usually do not collect Nazi-era German items. I

MJL
    ?

Default Another Reichskriegflagge Authentic? Value?

I obtained this flag in a trade at a gun show about 20 years ago. The trade was heavily in my favor and I did not give much for this flag as I usually do not collect Nazi-era German items. I think I had $20 or less into the flag in 1980s dollars. As with the other, larger Kriegsflagge I used this one in my teaching from time to time but stored it about 10 years ago where it has sat until now. I am looking to authenticate this flag and come up with a value. This flag appears to be a higher quality that the larger one in my other post. The colors are more vivid, the fabric appears more lush and thickly woven and the horizontal edges are more professionaly finished. I think the fabric may be wool or rayon. It smells like wool (a little musty) but also sort of has the lushness of rayon to it. The flag appears never to have been flown outside so I assume that is why the colors are so deep. I more inclined to keep this flag of the two in my collection but am still interested in a fair market value estimation if I decided to liquidate my collection in the future. So here are my questions:

1. Does this flag appear authentic?
    2. Can any assumptions be made about the approximate year the flag was made? Do the cleaner horizontal edges possibly indicate an earlier war flag?
    3. What would a flag this size have been used for?
    4. Assuming this flag is authentic what is a ballpark figure of value of this piece? I truly am clueless about the value of something like this. If it ends up for sale I am considering using this site for that end.

Below I will include photos to assist those in assisting me. Thanks for all advice you can give me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Reichskriegflagge Authentic? Value?   Another Reichskriegflagge Authentic? Value?  

Another Reichskriegflagge Authentic? Value?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Another Reichskriegflagge Authentic? Value?

Hi MJL

The answer to your first question is yes, I have no idea in wich year this flag was made, they could of have used it for a number of things and the flag is worth around 400 US dollar...

Greetz

Nick VR

?

Default Re: Another Reichskriegflagge Authentic? Value?

This is mostly destroyer or minesweeper flag, nice one, and prise approx 400 USD, you can easy sell it with our auction/for sale section
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics