Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any opinion to that nazi furniture?

Article about: Hello everybody. Honestly, I have no idea if this the correct place to start start this thread. A friend of mine discovered this furniture in an abandoned barracks in a Greek island. It is m

Default Any opinion to that german made furniture?

Hello everybody. Honestly, I have no idea if this the correct place to start start this thread. A friend of mine discovered this furniture in an abandoned barracks in a Greek island. It is marked 509 and there is a nazi eagle as well on the side. Fell free to move this thread to an other forum. I haven't seen anything like that before. Any opinion would be helpful.
    Thanks in advanced.
    NickAny opinion to that nazi furniture?Any opinion to that nazi furniture?Any opinion to that nazi furniture?Any opinion to that nazi furniture?
    Last edited by hibacusa; 08-24-2015 at 08:37 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any opinion to that nazi furniture?
    P
    Many

Made from old ammo boxes or similar?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Made from old ammo boxes or similar?
    I like your train of thought Jerry! A skilled carpenter has made good use of discarded ammo cases in my opinion. I would love a cabinet like this, it is a real piece of sociological history. Leon.

MAP
    ?

What an awesome piece! With a little TLC, this would be great to display a collection!

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

one of a kind item.
    do not start to "fix" this if you do not know 110% what you are doing. Removing the patina will also destroy it.

If you are selling this, remember leave it exactly as it is, compare it with an old coin- you do not use steelbrush on a old coin to make it shiny.

Nice find, you are more lucky then you know

ah yes, almost forgot to say- some, or all of the missing pieces can very well be scattered around in the terrain outside the barracks.

MAP
    ?

Agree with the above comment from TrondK. I was not suggesting anything more than a nice wipe down to remove the dust and cobwebs!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Just to add to the other suggestions that you have been given. I would like to add that this is not necessarily a NAZI piece of furniture. "NAZI" (NSDAP)was a political party and not everyone who fought for for Germany were NAZI's. Some if not most who fought for the Fatherland did not believe in AH's ideology.
    Sorry if this was inappropriate for this subject matter, But It is something that needs to be corrected when mentioned.
    etc. "WW2 German made" would be appropriate.
    Just my 2 centavos.
    If I'm that guy, OH WELL
    Semper Fi
    Phil

At first,thank you everybody for the replies. After searching for it a while, although it is not my field of knoweledge, I have to agree that this is not a Nazi (first of all) field desk or kind of furniture. It's more likely to be what you have already told, a DIY display case or something like that made out of wooden parts of ammo cases.
    My big consern is that a kid (who says to be a collector) has found it and I'm pretty sure that he gonna start rubbing and scratching it like a maniac!
    I have already told him not to take any action, until I have an opinion of an expert, but he is more than superficial!
    So, your opinions consistent with my own, DON'T DO NOTHING!

MAP
    ?

You can honestly tell the kid that this item is not really worth anything from a monetary perspective. Just a bunch of old crates nailed to gether. To people like us however, it is a neat piece only for the "cool" factor to display some items.

But that is just my opinion.

A nice lightly damp rag/sponge with some Murphys Oil Soap diluted in water will remove the dust and just enough to clean it/remove any smell but not ruin the patina. I've done this on old furniture. Doesn't harm it at all...but then again, just my opinion.

?

Very nice item, just check if bugs don 't eat the wood.
    But maybe not NSDAP item, i think more Wehrmacht luft or KM item.

I see caps, helmet or books collection in this case.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast