Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Anybody know what this is?

Article about: i believe it's exactly the same thing. the only difference is that in my picture the fibers at the very edge "bunched" and in yours they are not. this is only due to the shrinkage

Default Re: Anybody know what this is?

i'll tell you, this has been quite an interesting thread.

i only recognized that little piece of material because i had looked at a Kriegsmarine pennant just a week or so earlier.

just a total coincidence. i had to think and think about where i saw it, but in the end it just came like a bolt out of the blue... the pennant. i looked at it again, and sure enough...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    the way the hakenkruez is angled
    Could I ask you please what do you mean by that? Thank you!
    Gary

?

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i'll tell you, this has been quite an interesting thread.

i only recognized that little piece of material because i had looked at a Kriegsmarine pennant just a week or so earlier.

just a total coincidence. i had to think and think about where i saw it, but in the end it just came like a bolt out of the blue... the pennant. i looked at it again, and sure enough...
    It's called knowledge, my friend.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Last edited by Gast; 06-08-2012 at 02:11 AM.

?

Quote by Gast View Post
    No, I am sure, it had not been cuted or teased. I am sure this piece is just original untouchted how it had been produced.

Gary
    Ok, the drawing board looms.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Ok, the drawing board looms.

Best Regards,

Andy
    I thought a forum is an open discussion board, a space for public expression.
    Iím a bit disappointed by your interpretation.

Gary

?

Quote by Gast View Post
    I thought a forum is an open discussion board, a space for public expression.
    Iím a bit disappointed by your interpretation.

Gary
    Gary, I'm sorry, you may have misunderstood me, I have no idea in which country you reside, and things may be lost in nuances.
    It is back to the drawing board for ME, to try and research this item.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

OK... then I am sorry, too ...

Good afternoon.

Gary

Thumbs up Re: Anybody know what this is?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0933.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	357165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0932.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	261.1 KB 
ID:	357166I'm very pleased at all the great responses and thank you guys. Upon reading these I decided to go back and take a closer look at the item. I saw a piece of the gold bullion wire folded under one end of the tassels or frays maybe now. I gently unfolded it to view in this pic but what also caught my attention was that if this wire was pulled in the pattern it goes it would keep exposing more and more tassel. What i'm getting at is if this was cut from a bigger piece of same material it could over time work loose and expose frays but if so where is the extra bullion wire that came unwrapped? So i'm thinking this piece was intentionally cut from a bigger piece and intentionally frayed to look better and the extra bullion was trimmed off. Also if you look at the swastikas you ll see on each end the start of another swastika cut off short of being full. I think if this were a bookmark then it probably wouldnt have a partial swastika at each end and might have something in place to keep the bullion from fraying further which this doesn't and the length of fraying would be even which these aren't. Hopefully that makes sense and thanks to all who helped, especially tempelhof with the keen eye. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0931.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	255.0 KB 
ID:	357163

what's so great about this small item is that it has a little beauty, a little puzzle, and a little history all in one.

we put a bit of a dent in the puzzle, but there's still just enough left to keep us wondering.

thanks for posting this. it was great to think about.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast