Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone seen this before?

Article about: Hello, what do you think about this Desk ornament? anyone seen it before? it is 36 cm tall and 16 from wing to wing. Best Regards Tobias

Default Anyone seen this before?

Hello, what do you think about this Desk ornament? anyone seen it before?
    it is 36 cm tall and 16 from wing to wing.

Best Regards Tobias

Anyone seen this before?Anyone seen this before?Anyone seen this before?Anyone seen this before?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone seen this before?
    P
    Many

?

At first glace it looks great but after a closer view ???? the EK is inverted rather then right up also why a flying eagle for a fella in a Jager outfit?
    Have my doubts if period.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    At first glace it looks great but after a closer view ???? the EK is inverted rather then right up also why a flying eagle for a fella in a Jager outfit?

Have my doubts if period.
    Horst
    I agree though I could accept the eagle as it is very prevalent in German symbology and at the time this appears to represent there wasn't much of an "airforce" to symbolise.

The EKI lying on it's side however is a massive red flag. Unless of course it has been re-attached?

There have been so many items like this manufactured over time in Germany (and connected states) that there are thousands of variations and if one was to begin a collection of period pieces you would probably never finish.

All said, it's not something I would regard a any more than "set dressing" unless it comes with provenance AND associated items.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Looks like a existing piece that has been transformed to what it is now.
    The EK looks attached and probably rotates(possibly the reason it is on his side), but the field it is on looks pretty damaged...probably to remove what was originally on....
    Also the title plate at the bottom (on the marble) is of a less better quality then the statue it self...it rather looks like trench art...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

TWS
    ?

Agree with much of what has been said. The practice of going-away presents was very common and some were fairly standardized (engraved bayonets, for example) while others were pretty unique. I'd have to have it in hand to give a firm opinion but it looks believable, with the caveat of the rotated Iron Cross. Is it loose and able to be rotated by hand? Possibly fell off and someone ignorantly re-attached it wrong?
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by Horst View Post
    for a fella in a Jager outfit?

Hello,
    Here, the J does not mean Jäger but Infanterie = 11. Kompanie of Infanterieregiment 12
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

"I agree though I could accept the eagle as it is very prevalent in German symbology and at the time this appears to represent there wasn't much of an "airforce" to symbolize"

Don't agree with this as in WWI the germans had the flying circus ,Von Richthofen, etc - having lived in Germany many years I have seen monuments in various cities reflecting this eagle honoring the WWI pilots/air force. The Germans had a very substantial Air Force in WWi.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Thanks for all replys the seller put this up at an auction site so i have not seen it in real, the seller seems to know little about it aswell its listed as " Desk statue eagle, probably from WW1" i like the look of it, if it dont get to expensive maybe i will make a bid.
    thank you all.

Best regards Tobias