MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Austrian Party Banner with large eagle

Article about: Does the construction of this flag look original, thought i should check as i ambout to buy it. Described as Austrian Party Banner. Unusual large hanging banner, approx just under 5 x 5ft sq

Default Austrian Party Banner with large eagle

Does the construction of this flag look original, thought i should check as i ambout to buy it. Described as Austrian Party Banner. Unusual large hanging banner, approx just under 5 x 5ft square with one sided design and tassled fringe to the bottom edge. The banner is the normal red party colour with a white border all round to denote austria as opposed to germany, in the centre is an unusualy large SA style eagle holding a wreath with swastika inside, all these are seperatly stitched items, there is a stitched label to the rear with a number stamped on, the top of the banner has a number of placings for small metal rings, all but two are missing. The material of the banner is worn & faded with small nicks and odd moth nip but it is still a very impressive and unusual display item."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian Party Banner with large eagle   Austrian Party Banner with large eagle  

Austrian Party Banner with large eagle   Austrian Party Banner with large eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian Party Banner with large eagle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Austrian Party Banner with large eagle

If it helps to form an opinion the whole flag can be seen at Tiger collectibles Militaria - De-act Weapons.. There are 2 pictures under militaria stock photos. Any comments would be appreciated.

Hi Comleyn, it's original and in pretty darn good shape. I can't vouch for the Austrian Party use. I often wonder how pieces like this in Europe, survived the years immediately following the war. Hidden very carefully I'm sure.

Jay

i have one just like this,somewhere....nice original flag

Thank you for the input and confirmation that it is original.