MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Banner Silk Der Fuhrer

Article about: I have a Banner I have been trying to identify for years. It was given to me by my uncle who flew P-51s and P-38s over Germany late in the war. He traded cartons of cigarettes for it at the

starman
    ?

Default Banner Silk Der Fuhrer

I have a Banner I have been trying to identify for years. It was given to me by my uncle who flew P-51s and P-38s over Germany late in the war. He traded cartons of cigarettes for it at the end of the war.

The Banner is roughly 14 to 16 inches wide, maybe 16 to 20 ft. long. It's fine red silk with metallic gold colored fringe at each of the narrow ends, (It appears as if it was made to hang over a standard of some sort so that it was visible front and back). My uncle was told that it hung directly behind Hitler. One end has a very elaborate German eagle embroidered with the same gold metallic thread the eagle stands out from the silk, Under the eagle in gold lettering are the words "Der Fuhrer". The other end has a very elaborate swastika embroidered in the same metallic gold thread.

Any information would be much appreciated!

2. # ADS

?

Default re: Banner Silk Der Fuhrer

Post some pictures and then someone will be able to help you.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

sounds like a funeral sash, one that was given out by Hitler to high ranking officers that had died. if its the one i think it is, they can be quite elaborate pictures would confirm

pjm
    ?

It really can only be a funeral wreath ribbon/sash given the description and dimensions.

Default Re: Banner Silk Der Fuhrer

Starman
    Does it look like this?
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Banner Silk Der Fuhrer  

Thats nice Dan, but the one i was thinking of has the Fuhrers standard at one end, and gold tassels on the end, plus a quite large eagle on the other side. I actually saw one at the weekend in a correct presentation box, but would he sell it? not a chance pictures would be good though coz at the moment its all speculation

He emailed me to say he's going to post pics asap
    Phil... you muppet