Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ??????

Article about: i had just got this for my birthday, seems to be original from a reputable dealer. in my opinion it looks to be an original. but the artists marking 'ROSSI' looks abit soft, is there anythin

Default benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ??????

i had just got this for my birthday, seems to be original from a reputable dealer. in my opinion it looks to be an original.
    but the artists marking 'ROSSI' looks abit soft, is there anything that i am not seeing? an extra set of eyes and a second look always helps. any information is greatly appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ??????   benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ??????  

benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ??????   benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ??????  

benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ??????   benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ??????  

benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ??????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ??????
    P
    Many

I rather like it ...It appears to be an earlier likeness of the Duce and shows appropriate age...
    I admit that I'm not a collector of Fascist Italian Memorabilia, but I do know that such busts are widely reproduced today and sold openly in Italian Souvenir shops - along with other Fascist & Mussolini-Themed Kitsch...Thanks for showing!
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ??????  

Seems to have some good patina to it, shame about the angle grinder marks on the reverse !

Default mussolini bust

i also believe this to be an original. i missed a very similar one on a very well known dealers website not long ago. but glad i snagged this one for a decent price. heres some more pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ??????  benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ??????  benito mussolini bust by rossi , any help ?????? 

Busts and portraits of Benito were sold all over the World. Most US Italian families had one or the other in their homes, I know. Mussolini was in office for a Long time before the war and was admired by most anyone with Italian blood at the time. And, as said, busts and portraits continue to this very day to be sold throughout Italy in most cities. Unfortunately, this makes it near impossible to accurately Date this piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

history man can you describe to me what angle grinder marks are ? as i am abit unfamiliar with the term.

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    history man can you describe to me what angle grinder marks are ? as i am abit unfamiliar with the term.
    Where its fixed to the base on the reverse, there are grinding marks, not sure why... the base may have been replaced

i believe the ones seen like this would be pre war by quite awhile , some of the new manufactured pieces shown above by bigmacglenn1966 are a obviously of recent manufacture.

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Where its fixed to the base on the reverse, there are grinding marks, not sure why... the base may have been replaced
    ok now i see what you are mentioning. it always helps to have a few people look.