Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Berchtesgaden?

Article about: Got this little cup, saucer and creamer from the son of a vet. He said his father picked them up in Berchtesgaden. I've included two other photos. Does anyone recognize the building or the s

?

Default Berchtesgaden?

Got this little cup, saucer and creamer from the son of a vet. He said his father picked them up in Berchtesgaden. I've included two other photos. Does anyone recognize the building or the statue? Thanks in advance for any help given.
    Attached Images Attached Images Berchtesgaden?  Berchtesgaden?  Berchtesgaden?  Berchtesgaden?  Berchtesgaden?  Berchtesgaden? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Berchtesgaden?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Berchtesgaden?

Cup/saucer reflects a figure with traditional wear/Tracht as its called in German - it looks like the Bavarian Tracht. As to the pictures, the statue(unknown figure) is holding a wine Becher(Cup) ,Dont believe its Bavaria or Berchtesgarden , the house looks like its a Gastehaus - a close up of the sign in front would help.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Thanks for the reply.The sign time for services,must have be for Mass ect.Again thanks

You know I heard one time if one could assemble all the pieces of the alledged True Cross of Christ you could build a bridge from New York to Rome! If I have seen one I have seen 5000 cups and saucers that belonged to Hitler,Did he have a place setting for 50,000 folks.I think all of the vets that brought back china thought they had the real thing,but I doubt if there are many REAL peices around.

I don't really think that there is any way to tell, looking at these cups. Probably it was just another story.

Regards,
    Finn

Hi, the logo on side of cup is a typical city logo for Berchtesgaden. I was stationed there 83 to 85 and I took alot of pics! Dont remember that building though. Could be pre-war pics of things that are long destroyed! And by the way, a great place to be stationed!!!

Joe

710ell
    ?

Hello,
    I have had items with this logo. They are from the Platterhof Hotel.
    If they are for sale I would be intrested.
    Thanks
    Norm

Berchtesgaden?
    Was sent this pic by a family friend , they claim it came home with a para trooper called Ross Alexander King.
    Dose anyone know the history behind this or back up this claim.

?

Quote by kiwiwreckdiver View Post
    Berchtesgaden?
    Was sent this pic by a family friend , they claim it came home with a para trooper called Ross Alexander King.
    Dose anyone know the history behind this or back up this claim.
    What is the mystery object? Do you know?

Philip

?

Only a idea, but maybe a kind of holder for newspapers????

https://www.google.de/search?q=zeitu...w=1536&bih=764
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast