Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

From the Berghof

Article about: Hi All, Just thought I would share a neat little item, I acquired it from a well known source and it came out of a large collection, the piece speaks for itself, a chunk of Hitlers mountain

Default From the Berghof

Hi All,
    Just thought I would share a neat little item, I acquired it from a well known source and it came out of a large collection, the piece speaks for itself, a chunk of Hitlers mountain retreat taken as a GI souvenier I assume, writing on the back looks like it said "From Hitler Berghoff" at some point it broke and was glued together, not sure when, the color is yellowish, hope you enjoy this neat little piece of History. Thanks for looking!!

From the BerghofFrom the Berghof

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement From the Berghof
    P
    Many

A nice bit of history indeed but unfortunately no real proof of its origin.

I see things like this being sold on eBay all the time, and they're not something I'd ever want to spend money on. They very well could be G.I. souvenirs taken from the Berghof during or immediately after the war, and in the case of them having concrete provenance, they are indeed interesting little keepsakes. They could also be lumps of building material picked up off a demolition site close to the seller's house. Without the aforementioned rock-solid provenance, there's no way of every knowing for sure if you're holding a little piece of the Berghof, or a chunk of cement from a building site.

In this case, given that it's come from a respected source, I'd say you have a nice little piece of history there.

Regards, B.B.

Thanks for your thoughts, yes a respectable source and it was very inexpensive, a leap of faith is required but I do feel it's legit as I'm very cautious with anything I purchase.

MAP
    ?

While I agree there is no way to authenticate, if it was inexpensive and purchased from someone you trust, then why the heck not! If it gives you that sense of history, it has achieved its goal.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)