Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Berlin Porcelain Plaque

Article about: Nice porcelain plaque, Berlin 1763 - 1936. I've no idea what the dates represent or what the plaque is for? I'm hoping some fine chap on here can help It could do with a good wash?..

Default Berlin Porcelain Plaque

Nice porcelain plaque, Berlin 1763 - 1938.

I've no idea what the dates represent or what the plaque is for?

I'm hoping some fine chap on here can help

It could do with a good wash?..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Berlin Porcelain Plaque   Berlin Porcelain Plaque  

Berlin Porcelain Plaque   Berlin Porcelain Plaque  

Berlin Porcelain Plaque   Berlin Porcelain Plaque  

Berlin Porcelain Plaque  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Berlin Porcelain Plaque
    P
    Many

Well, I do know that 1763 was the year that Kaiser Frederick II took over the factory that became thereafter KPM or the Royal Porcelain Factory and I imagine that the swastika and the date 1938 (apart from being the likely production date) relate to the Nazi party laying claim to all things concerned with "Deutsches Kultur".

The use of the word Staatliche (State) rather than Koenigliche (Royal) refers to it by this time being the "State Porcelain Factory" although the abbreviation KPM was still used as a trademark. I think it still is today.

I guess this was probably a commemorative or possibly marketing piece.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 05-02-2018 at 06:03 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Cheers Mark, I've been told that it could be a "Meissen" piece?, further research is needed.

Quote by The Devil's Bank View Post
    Cheers Mark, I've been told that it could be a "Meissen" piece?, further research is needed.
    It bears the name of the Porzellan-Manufaktur Berlin; how it could it be from the Porzellan-Manufaktur Meißen?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It bears the name of the Porzellan-Manufaktur Berlin; how it could it be from the Porzellan-Manufaktur Meißen?
    I just wanted to ask the same question and than I saw your post. Really, how it could be Meissen piece if it has marking, inscription actually, of completely different producer?!

Best regards,
    Franko

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Yep, Meissen is a completely different maker.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Sorry chaps, I do apologize.. yes "Meissen" is a different maker.

Silly me:

Any way, I've given it a wipe with warm soapy water and a sponge, and it's come up very nice too..
    Last edited by The Devil's Bank; 05-06-2018 at 09:41 PM.

?

The porcelain plaque commemorates the end of the 7 years war 1754 - 1763 -, manufactured by the state porcelain mfg of Berlin. shows two men with peace treaty.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    The porcelain plaque commemorates the end of the 7 years war 1754 - 1763 -, manufactured by the state porcelain mfg of Berlin. shows two men with peace treaty.
    Horst
    Sorry, but no way are these two men with a peace treaty. They are wearing aprons and appear to be at work. The right one is holding the lid of the cylindrical structure (a kiln?) in the center, while the man on the left is putting something (a vase?) into it or taking it out.

I think it simply commemorates the founding of the Porzellanmanufaktur Berlin (19 September 1763).

"They are wearing aprons and appear to be at work".

Yes, I would agree with that.

Could the plaque have been given to a loyal worker? possibly for time served/workmanship?

May be come in a nice box too